Director of Tax San Francisco, CA
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors save time so they can provide better care for patients. We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds to help build the future of healthcare.
Working collaboratively as the tax subject matter expert at Doximity, a US-based organization, the Director, Tax will be primarily responsible for managing the preparation and review of all U.S. federal income tax calculations, tax forms, and provision for income taxes. You will also help identify U.S. federal tax planning opportunities and make recommendations. Youpossess excellent people skills with an ability and willingness to identify areas to assist the team. Strategic thinking and diligence are critical as you will interact with finance, legal and business partners to ensure timely and accurate tax reporting.
This role will be filled in our San Francisco headquarters.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (or related), CPA and/or Master’s in tax.
- 10+ years of relevant tax experience, with a heavy emphasis on US federal income tax compliance
- Roll-up the sleeves attitude
- High Tech corporate tax experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP accounting ASC 740
- Proficient knowledge of US Federal and State income tax law and regulations.
- Manage tax-related internal controls
- Strong background in developing tax strategies with an understanding of tax accounting and compliance for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and cross-border transactions.
- Strong managerial skills with the ability to effectively manage both internal and external resources
- Excellent project management skills, taking ownership/initiative and executing with a high level of attention to detail.
- Operates as a team player that has strong interpersonal skills and can work/collaborate well with others.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills. Can socialize complex tax issues with non-tax personnel.
- Manage the preparation and review of U.S. federal and state income tax calculations and forms and tax provision,including FIN 48.
- Thoroughly and accurately analyze the U.S. federal income tax information to identify planning opportunities
- Assist with audit support and documentation
- Stay current with changes in US GAAP and Tax regulations
- Direct all aspects of the US indirect tax compliance, which includes the management of the different source data, review the workpapers prepared internally or by a third-party provider
- Initiate and/or support efforts to minimize the effective tax rate and cash taxes, including idea creation and critical review of tax planning opportunities
- Drive process improvements to achieve operational efficiencies
- Monitor other company’s approaches to US tax provisions and US income tax compliance to determine best practices, including adoption of cutting-edge tax technology to increase department efficiency.
- Lead and manage special projects
- Provide leadership, education, mentoring and coaching to Doximity’s finance professionals and senior leaders to assist them in understanding Doximity’s income tax provision and tax return compliance processes
Why you want to work here/Benefits/Perks
Doximity is proud to offer industry-leading benefits. Some of our offerings include:
- Medical, dental, vision offerings for you and your family
- 401k with matching program
- Family building support, Childcare FSA, and parental leave
- Life, AD&D, and Disability
- Generous time off, holidays and paid company trips
- Plus many more!
More About Doximity…
Founded in 2010, Doximity is the leading digital platform for medical professionals. The company’s network members include over 80% of physicians across all specialties and practice areas. Doximity provides its verified members with digital tools built for medicine, enabling them to collaborate with colleagues, stay up-to-date with the latest medical news and research, manage their careers and conduct virtual patient visits. Doximity’s mission is to help doctors be more productive so they can provide better healthcare for their patients. For more information, please visit Doximity.com.
Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact—join us!"
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Vacancy page : https://workat.doximity.com/positions/?gh_jid=3505282