Director of Solution Engineering AMER-West Remote - US West Coast
Director of Solutions Engineering will lead, develop, and mentor a regional subset of our Solutions Engineering team in the America West Region. The ideal candidate will be passionate about building and developing GitHub's technical sales process and working with various teams to drive customer opportunities.
- Direct GitHub’s Field Solutions Engineering organization for the Americas West Region
- Work in close partnership with other west regional Directors and RVP
- Be an active and respected technical participant in select / strategic Solutions Engineering customer meetings
- Coordinate technical sales process and organizational structure,
- Hire and onboard amazing Solutions Engineering talent
- Review performance of and mentor Solutions Engineers
- Provide leadership, development, and training to Solutions Engineers
- Work with product, engineering & services on customer needs and product feedback
- Work closely with Sales to develop strategic and technical account plans
- Participate in Sales Leadership, America forecast calls and pipeline review calls supporting RVP of America west and other Directors
- Visit customers, partners and represent company at events
- Coach & Mentor team members and assist with all aspects of the technical sales cycle including answering technical questions and leading efforts to answer Request for Proposals, Security Questionnaires etc.
- Team leadership experience
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and competitive landscape
- Strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Effective presentation crafting and delivery skills
- Great problem solving in response to technical, product, and business questions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset for accomplishing goals
- Passion for helping organizations improve and modernize their software development processes
- Knowledge of the tools and history of the software development industry
- 4+ years experience as a Solution Engineer or equivalent customer facing role
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 2+ years experience in people management role managing technical ICs
- Working knowledge of customers and accounts based in GitHub’s Amer-west west
- Previous Software development, Engineering, and/or Technical Support experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Flexible schedule and ability to work across different time zones
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Self-directed and resourceful
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1974920