Director of Software Engineering, Studio Worldwide
You're a builder. A builder of products and a builder of teams. You get a kick out of building resilient organizations, delivering high quality software that is meaningful to people, and creating a highly collaborative culture that fosters creativity and innovation. Your best week was one in which you were on vacation. Not because you don't love your job (you do!), but because you built an organization that you know thrived while you were out. We believe deeply in the leader-leader model in which our leaders move forward with purpose and intent rather than seeking permission.
You love shipping products. Products that matter to people. You get energized when you hear that the software your teams built made a meaningful impact to your customers. Maybe your team created something that they didn't think was possible. Or maybe they built something that saved a few seconds on a frequent task for our customers. Whatever it is, you have a care for the products you build and you only deliver the best.
Not only do you build great products, but you build great teams. A great team at InVision is one that is super engaged, highly collaborative and communicative, and focused on building great products for our customers. We do that in an all remote environment with awesome people who love working together as a team to do amazing things.
As a Director at InVision, you develop great managers. You create a positive environment in which your managers and engineers are empowered to do their best work and feel like they're growing by leaps and bounds. You coach, you mentor, and you give helpful feedback to your managers regularly. You'll know you're succeeding when you hear, “This is the hardest job I've ever had, but I feel like I'm growing by leaps and bounds and I'm loving it. I have a great team of engineers and a great team of people around me to support me.”
Your responsibilities include:
- Ensuring your department is delivering successfully in the context of larger organizational goals. You set clear goals and clear expectations.
- Ensuring your teams deliver and are following the right processes (just enough!) for their needs.
- Working closely with your peer organizations to ensure cross-team collaboration is effective and that everyone feels like they are part of one team.
- Partnering closely with Product and Design
- Allocating and deploying resources across teams and managing to a budget.
- Providing guidance through setting standards and coaching to those standards.
You deliver on these responsibilities by:
- Setting a high bar for the quality of the work done in your organization. You expect the best and that each week we get better.
- Hiring great people who add to our team and culture. You only want to work with amazing folks.
- Developing leaders who get things done. You give timely and meaningful feedback and care about the growth of your team. You don't shy away from hard problems or hard conversations.
- Creating a culture that values working together to achieve amazing results. You foster an environment where the team comes first.
- Setting bold and ambitious goals. If it's not great, it's not worth doing.
If this sounds like you, please let us know in a cover letter why you think this is a perfect fit for you.
InVision is the Digital Product Design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development.
Benefits & Perks:
InVision offers a unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have team members throughout 40+ states including cities like New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. The benefits we offer in the United States include competitive health plans and a 401k plan.
Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country. Please ask our recruiting team about the benefits and perks package available in your country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/1206300