Director of Sales (100% Remote) North AmericaUnited StatessalesFull-time United States
At Close, we're building the sales communication platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we're leading the industry toward eliminating manual processes and helping companies to close more deals (faster).
Since our founding in 2013, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of 39 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
As the Director of Sales you will be reporting to the CEO, Steli Efti and working closely with the Director of Revenue, Nick Persico.
We are seeking a Director of Sales that will take ownership over a mature inbound sales funnel, continue to build the sales team, and help create a new gold standard in SaaS sales. This is a unique opportunity with a company that lives and breathes for the success of salespeople. You should be a highly ambitious, results-driven and self-motivated individual that strives for excellence. 🚀
We’re looking for a Director of Sales that knows what it takes to avoid these 10 mistakes.
About The Role
You will be responsible for the success of our Sales Team and lead the company in providing our customers with exceptional actionable sales advice they won’t find anywhere else.
Your responsibilities will include managing our entire inbound sales funnel (14-day free Trial to close) and driving 2x growth in new MRR in the first year (we’ll talk specifics). On-boarding, training, and managing a team of Account Executives (2-3 in 2019) will also be in your wheelhouse.
You will collaborate with the Director of Marketing to increase conversion at the top of the funnel.
- More than 3 years of management experience of 10 people or larger in a remote environment
- Based in North America (preference for EDT or CDT)
- Experience selling SaaS to small businesses
- EXPERT command of the English language (written and verbal)
- New Trial to Customer conversion rate
- New customer growth
- Total contract value (TCV) growth
- 100% remote (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2 x annual team retreats ✈️ (Lisbon Retreat Video)
- Competitive salary
- 7 weeks PTO (includes company-wide winter holiday break)
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
- $200/month co-working stipend
- Paid parental leave (10 wks primary caregiver / 4 wks secondary caregiver)
- 99% premiums paid for excellent medical and dental coverage, including an HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 4% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Our story and team 🚀
- Glassdoor Reviews
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our organization - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 12 countries and 14 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community.
This team is growing in more ways than one - we’ve recently launched 8 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.