Director of Revenue Operations Eastern - US - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
At Sonatype we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
As the Director of Global Revenue Operations, you will be responsible for managing a cross-functional organization that is the foundation of Sonatype’s sales strategy by evolving and uplifting our tools and infrastructure to drive and deliver exceptional sales results. As a seasoned leader, you will act as an advisor while counseling and directing the sales organization toward strategic goals and operational effectiveness by meeting corporate sales, revenue, operational and strategic goals as well as the professional growth, development, and success of team members. You will have accountability to assist sales teams to improve performance and have significant influence in assigning sales goals, quotas and compensation plans.
Revenue Operations Drives excellence in the use of sales applications and processes centered around Salesforce.com, and ensuring quality in the opportunity management process.
Sales Compensation Planning Develops, implements, and manages sales compensation plans and special incentives that drive intended sales behavior.
Forecasting, Pipeline Management, and Reporting Manages & Supports the global booking, forecast, and pipeline management process in conjunction with the Finance organization.
Commercial Approval and Risk Review Process Ensures that deals are evaluated correctly to manage risk , ensure appropriate approvals are obtained, facilitate alignment with Sonatype’s finance and legal departments.
Key areas of responsibility
- Partner with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities to simplify the sales process through optimization and automation. Facilitate successful implementation and adoption of new processes within the sales organization. Foster an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Design, implement and manage sales forecasting processes that provide accurate prediction into future bookings performance. Ensure forecasting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes within the company.
- Work with Human Resources, Finance, and senior sales leadership to design sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Collaborate with Finance to assign sales quotas and other sales objectives to ensure the company’s financial goals are allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Own global deal desk; providing support in pricing, deal analysis, deal structuring, negotiation, and closure.
- Assist all sales channels in overcoming business challenges to ensure ease of doing business while ensuring deal closure and revenue recognition.
- Ensure that all sales tools accurately represent information and are effectively utilized by the team to process transactions and provide information about the status of the business.
- Establish and implement performance measures designed to track and report progress against the global sales strategy.
- Lead the Business Development/Inside Sales Teams ensuring alignment across marketing, sales, and BD
- Lead Sales Enablement programs built to standardize onboarding, shorten ramp times, and ensure that the field is always armed with the most up to date and relevant information required to be successful.
- 10+ years of experience with a proven track record of success in providing strategic guidance and operational oversight in Sales Operations within a technology sales environment.
- Proven experience integrating SaaS tools to streamline and automate the sales process, integrating data science and analytics into every function within Sales to ensure greater predictability and productivity.
- Experience building models for Annual Operating Planning: Bookings, Capacity, Quota, Compensation, Pipeline, Forecast, etc.
- Experience building and leading Business Development/Inside Sales TeamsExperience building and leading Sales Enablement programsExpertise in contract managementFinancial background and/or experience in a subscription type environment.
- Experience developing, managing, and administering sales compensation models, cost structures, & plans.A proven ability to develop tactical initiatives that improve sales productivity and performance.
- Background of introducing performance metrics and improvement programs.
- Strong communication skills and ability to establish credibility and trust with all cross functional departments, building influential relationships with all internal partners: Finance, Legal, Marketing, HR, Alliances, Support, Product Marketing, Professional Services, etc.
- Understanding of both business and people, including their drivers and success factors.
- Excellent knowledge of software pricing and licensing practices.
- Understanding of sales methodologies and bookings process.
- Highly entrepreneurial and able to operate independently with minimum supervision.
- Heavily results-oriented; a strong track record in meeting and/or exceeding goals.
- Able to research, develop and execute sales tools and strategies in the field.
- Solid understanding of CRM systems, quote to cash management infrastructures and analytics around sales pipeline modeling.
- Deep knowledge/understanding of salesforce.com (including CPQ) is a must.
- Familiarity with other tools, i.e. Outreach.io, Yesware, ZoomInfo, Linkedin Navigator, Drift, HighSpot, Lessonly, InsightSquared, Olono, Zoom Conference Meetings, DocuSign, HubSpot, DemandBase, Sendoso
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.