Director of Product, Ops Products Worldwide
As the Director of Product, you will be responsible for managing and building the team that focuses on a subset of GitLab's product categories. The Director of Product, Ops Products leads the Ops parts of the DevOps lifecycle (e.g. continuous integration, delivery, and deployment, Prometheus monitoring, and security products) and reports to the Head of Product.
- Make sure you have a great product team (recruit and hire, sense of progress, promote proactively, identify underperformance)
- Work on the vision with the Head of Product, VP of Product, and CEO; and communicate this vision internally and externally
- Distill the overall vision into a compelling roadmap
- Make sure the vision advances in every release and communicate this
- Communicate our vision though demo's, conference speaking, blogging, and interviews
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Sales, Engineering, etc.
- Ensure that the next milestone contains the most relevant items to customers, users, and us
- Work with customers, users, and other teams to make feature proposals enticing, actionable, and small
- Make sure the comparisons are up to date
- Keep /direction up to date as our high level roadmap
- Regularly join customer and partner visits that can lead to new features
- Ensure that we translate user demands in features that make them happy but keep the product UI clean and the codebase maintainable
- Make sure the release announcements are attractive and cover everything
- Be present on social media (hacker news, twitter, stack overflow, mailinglist), especially around releases
- 8-10 years of experience in product management
- Technical background or clear understanding of developer products; familiarity with Git, Continuous Integration, Containers, Kubernetes, and Project Management software a plus
- Experience managing a team of product managers
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Candidates will be invited to a 30 minute screening call with a member of our Recruiting team
- Candidates will then be invited to a 45 minute interview with our Head of Product
- Candidates will then be invited to a 45 minute interview with one of our technical leads or managers
- Candidates will then be invited to a 45 minute interview with one of our Product Managers
- Candidates will then be invited to a 45 minute interview with our VP of Product
- Candidates may be invited to a final 50 minute interview with our CEO
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
1. Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
2. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
3. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
4. Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
5. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
6. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
7. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
8. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
9. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
10. Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!