Director of Product Management, Corporate Data Analytics & Infrastructure United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s data needs are growing rapidly with the exponential growth of the company and seeking a Director, Product Management to be a key leader in the evaluation and execution of scalable data & analytics products to support all Twilions. Our group; Corporate Data Analytics & Infrastructure (CDAX) strives to improve customer engagement by unleashing the value of data within the Twilio ecosystem. We do this by activating data from its silos, augmenting the value of that data, and building additive layers that span and connect multiple Twilio services in order to form a cohesive, trusted system. You will touch every team within Twilio, and have full responsibility and autonomy to grow your products. You will lead and coach the product management team on gathering the product requirements required to build and operate real-time, highly-scalable distributed services that must operate at better than five 9s availability, all while the products grow at an exponential growth rate. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Data Analytics & Infrastructure, this position is critical in supporting Twilio’s growing needs for data & analytics to serve all Twilions.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading Corporate Data Products that can scale. They also have:
- 9+ years in product management in a fast-paced company. You have hustle and know how to knock down barriers to get to your objective.
- As the leader of the Product Management group, you will build an understanding of the product’s vision, the business case, as well as compiling the product planning material necessary for driving product initiatives further with clarity and consensus.
- Technically savvy and project experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, and AI/ML is a plus
- You are curious, collaborative, humble and have empathy as a key trait.
- You are a strategic thinker and thrive operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services.
- You have solved complex problems and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
- The ability to solicit customer requirements from many - often competing - sources, prioritize, and work with engineering and design to deliver
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Great communication skills.
- Previous experience as a developer and the ability to have a comfortable conversation with developers.
- Experience managing products at various stages of maturity, from legacy to greenfield.
- As the Director of the Product Management for CDAX, all junior managers look up to you for leadership and direction. As such, the director must have excellent leadership qualities and have the ability to influence and inspire the junior managers in applying various approaches or strategies for the product.
- In addition to this, the director also acts as a mentor for junior managers, offering guidance in the performance of their functions and readying them for the next step in their career path.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Director of Product Management, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Be the leading expert on our customers, understanding what and how they are building, where they get stuck, and what tools or tech will make their jobs easier.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Own the roadmap for CDAX.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating products, conducting due diligence, and negotiating prioritization with stakeholders and engineering partners.
The Corporate Data Analytics & Infrastructure team works closely with senior leadership, finance, marketing, sales & product teams to guide company strategy by providing data insights in a centralized location. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing analytics initiatives across Twilio and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be remote US. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $177,024 - $243,408
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $165,960 - $228,195
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3064516