Director of Procurement Operations United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a true “operator” to help us scale our procurement operations. We are looking for a driven Director of Procurement Ops who will manage and transform our procurement operations. You will have strong experience in owning this function and transforming it, leading the roll-out of efficient procurement processes, compliance, policy, metrics, as well as supplier management and onboarding.
This leader will join a team whose primary responsibilities include strategic sourcing, supplier management, and all procure to pay operations across all departments for Twilio. You will lead the team that helps with the entire procure to pay cycle in the Procurement Ops team at Twilio. As procurement operations is often a cross functional effort, you’ll work closely with many of Twilio’s teams including: Legal, Accounting, Finance, Audit, Security, Privacy and internal business partners.
Twilio is seeking a collaborative Procurement Operations leader who lives the Twilio Magic and is excited about solving problems. You also have:
- You’re an extremely organized, experienced and effective Procure to Pay leader known for transforming Procurement Operations, process and systems. You will have responsibility for Audit controls, Purchasing policy and complete oversight of P2P process from Request intake to Purchase Order approvals, and supplier management.
- You’re considered a subject matter expert in designing and implementing efficient, best in class P2P processes and systems for Master Data Management, supplier risk and diversity programs.
- You have strong knowledge of ERP systems (Procurement, Supplier Management, A/P) experience and ideally knowledge of; Coupa, Gappify Netsuite and JIRA.
- You’ll have demonstrable experience implementing ‘Fast Buy’ channels and preferred supplier programs and vendor punchouts, for expediting purchasing for low risk commodities and vendors.
- You have management responsibility for a small local team and utilize your experience of BPO to scale and build procurement operations & potentially tail spend management.
- You thrive in working in a fast paced, environment and you are analytical and data focused, you thrive on providing actionable insights via dashboard automation and improving operational efficiency and metrics.
- You will be a strong Purchasing Policy evangelist, updating the policy as necessary and ensure that ongoing training of purchasing processes and policy is delivered consistently.
- You’re collaborative and enjoy working with partners like AP (ensuring timely payments and onboarding of suppliers), and Legal (contract management) improving the upstream and downstream P2P processes.
- You're thorough, organized, and process-oriented to the extreme, and you’re able to prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously. You have outstanding communication and deliver consistently through credibility, influence and persuasion.
As Director of Procurement Operations, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Maintain and drive reporting metrics and report on KPIs, monitoring various input/output activities; after the fact POs, number of POs created, number of invoices without POs, etc.
- DRAW THE OWL: You’ll have complete oversight of Procurement Operations: transactions from Request intake to Purchase Order approval to ensure accuracy, quality assurance, purchasing spend approvals and timeliness to compliance of Procurement policies. Manage escalations as appropriate.
- BE AN OWNER: Drive the continuous improvement of the procurement function; design controls, training, complete SOX audits, new hire training and police our procurement policies.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Prioritize projects to balance reactive fire fighting with more proactive long term planning that will avoid future issues and extra work.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You’ll manage a local and potentially offshore team for Procurement and Vendor Master Operations you help to build and scale
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Design, implement and optimize our processes and systems to buy including ‘fast buy’ paths to ensure TAT is maintained and internal customers and suppliers have an excellent experience with Twilio’s procure to pay lifecycle
- BE BOLD: Drive the integration and interdependence between upstream S2C and P2P downstream
On the Procurement Operations team, our primary goal is operating efficiently to respond to supporting our internal customers, suppliers, and business partner teams. We are focused on operational efficiency to deliver an excellent customer experience. We are a key part of Twilio’s Strategic Sourcing organization.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2330503