Director of Paid Advertising (Remote) Paoli, PA
We are a diverse team from around the world, working together on a mission to raise the standard of trust online. Join us as Director of Paid Advertising and lead our efforts to dramatically grow our digital advertising, ideally to billions of engagements per year.
You'll work on challenging projects such as defining our overall advertising strategy, growing our team of ad network managers, modeling new campaigns and optimizations, creating short and long-term roadmaps, prioritizing projects by impact, controlling costs, and validating the impact of advertising on the company's overall growth.
We are fully remote and seek to empower our team to be self-directed and self-motivated in their projects. This is an exciting opportunity to have a meaningful impact on DuckDuckGo's growth curve (http://duckduckgo.com/traffic.html) and work on the important mission of helping people take their privacy back online.
What you will do:
- Dramatically grow the scale of our digital brand advertising within cost constraints, ideally to billions of engagements per year.
- Manage a large and complex portfolio of ad networks and campaigns, eventually with a $10M+ annual budget.
- Define and continually update our brand advertising strategy, including goal setting, roadmapping, project prioritization, quantitative modelling and hiring.
- Lead a team of ad network managers, providing day-to-day project support as well as longitudinal career advising.
- Hire additional ad network managers, as needed.
- Direct the execution of creative, messaging, and landing page experiments, working cross-functionally with teammates in user acquisition, design and engineering.
- Rigorously model new experimental ideas and prioritize them based on impact and complexity.
- Protect our values and brand by ensuring all ad creative, landing pages, messaging, and ad placements appropriately and effectively represent our mission and values.
What we are looking for:
- Experience leading a marketing team with a large and diverse digital advertising portfolio ($5M+ annual spend) for a major consumer product.
- Recent experience as an individual contributor, including hands-on work in modeling and executing experiments, generating creative, implementing landing pages, and gathering and reporting data.
- Experimental mindset and ability to identify specific, high-impact optimization ideas with short feedback loops.
- Advanced modeling skills and a quantitative, data-driven approach to project prioritization.
- Attention to detail in all strategic and tactical efforts, including: resourcing, modeling, experimental design, project prioritization, analyzing data and reporting.
Other things to know:
- We are a small, remote team in different time zones and communicate with a variety of tools throughout the day. You should feel comfortable with the intricacies of this type of work situation.
- Sometimes we meet up! You can expect to travel at least 2x a year: once for our all-hands meetup and another for a team retreat (each ~4-5 days)
- We want to have a major impact on raising the standard of trust online. To do this we believe in a focused approach, with company-wide objectives, and with each team member working on a single top priority at a time.
- Our work philosophy is built upon empowered project management. All team members have opportunities to run projects.
- All projects are run transparently, and we encourage everyone to participate in areas of interest throughout the company. Anyone and everyone can (and should) ask questions and offer feedback around the product and internal projects.
- We try to exemplify our values (build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction) in everything we do.
DuckDuckGo does not work with any recruiting agencies or services. A big part of our culture is to work with each candidate on a one-to-one basis throughout our unique hiring process.
DuckDuckGo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you. Use the application to apply!