The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
The Director of Marketing - Japan leads the strategy and execution of marketing programs performed at a local level, impacting both the direct and indirect sales motions. This role works closely with regional sales leadership to generate and progress demand through events, programs and local insights and reports to the VP, Integrated Marketing.
- Lead the development of local marketing strategies in Japan, creating a unified approach for both field and partner motions in market in close partnership with (sales) Country Manager
- Scale field marketing activities and impact, while balancing the unique needs and characteristics of the Japanese markets
- Create a defined and programmatic approach to channel marketing to support the growth of GitLab and the role of marketing in building the partner ecosystem
- Be the voice of the field to the broader marketing team, including sales insights and inputs to directly impact marketing strategy and in turn be the primary representative of the broader marketing team to field sales
- Analyze and report on the impact and performance of regional marketing to a range of audiences, from local leadership to the executive level and tailor the insights accordingly
- Play an active role as part of the Integrated Marketing Leadership team; including aligning and connecting strategy to top of funnel of motions, collaborating with ABM to extend and amplify efforts and contribute to local success
- Achieve high and consistent ROI from Marketing program in Japan, through operational rigor, measurement and budget and financial management
- Continually experiment, test and iterate programs to define best practice and evolve program as the business grows
- 10+ years progressive experience in the B2B tech industry with a focus on field, channel and partner marketing; working directly with sales teams
- Skilled at building and maintaining relationships, being strategic partner to sales; fluent in Japanese and strong communicator in English
- Team management and development skills, including career development and coaching; experience managing people managers
- Track record of delivering results in line with overall business objectives through operational excellence, including accelerating and progressing pipeline
- Skilled at partnering cross-functionally across marketing, internal stakeholders and agency partners as well as external stakeholders, including channel partners and customers
- Deep understanding of channel ecosystem and related processes
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.