Director of Legal United States
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. Percona provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can throw at you. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries and a great experience of working on a multinational team of experts.
Superheroes wanted: Director of Legal
What you will do:
Percona believes in providing the community and our customer base with outstanding open source database software and solutions. As Director of Legal for Percona you will own effective negotiations of our contracts with customers and vendors alike as well as advise on business decisions from the perspective of legal compliance. You will be responsible for safeguarding our reputation by guaranteeing that the Percona strictly follows law guidelines and gives legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
- Advise on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals
- Negotiate, write, edit and execute agreements and contracts on behalf of the company
- Offer counsel on a variety of legal issues including issues related to contract law as well as compliance
- Advise executives within the company
- Work alongside other departments within the company
- Research and anticipate unique legal issues that could impact the company
- Review Percona’s marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements
- Provide training to the company on legal topics
Absolute must haves:
- A law degree from a recognized university
- 5+ years experience practicing law
- A knowledge of the open source software market and how a tech-assisted services and a subscription-based business model works
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Experience working with global contracts, vendors and partners is required
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the organization’s legal department and across all businesses
- Understanding the business side of a small growing services company
- Experience and desire to be a part of an open culture
- Experience in working with a geographically distributed remote team
- A willingness to take ownership of the process and execute with excellence
Position Location: Any US location. This is primarily a work from home position. The expectation is you will travel to conferences, meetings, and our headquarters in Raleigh, NC up to 12 times a year.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA company and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.
Vacancy page : http://jobs.jobvite.com/percona/job/oIRb8fwC