Director of Finance - US Based (100% Remote)United StatesOperations United States /
Close is a bootstrapped, profitable, 100% remote, ~70 person team of thoughtful individuals who value autonomy and impact. We’re eager to make a product our customers fall in love with over and over again.
We ❤️ startups & SMBs. Since 2013, we’ve been building a CRM that focuses on better communication, without the hassle of manual data entry or complex UI. Our goal: double the productivity of every sales rep.
Close is looking for a Director of Finance to join our team. You will be a generalist willing to initially act as controller and director of finance at a small company.
You will report to and work directly with the Co-founder & COO, Anthony Nemitz. Eventually you will build out a team to support the finance function as the company continues to grow.
- Work with external accounting partners to ensure sales, annual reports, excise, franchise, and income tax preparation and submission is performed on time
- Coordinate with R&D tax credit study firm
- Tie out trailing actual financials to forward looking pro-forma
- Create financial models in excel to help forecast company growth and inform business decisions
- Analyzing current and past financial data and performance
- Preparing reports and projections based on this analysis
- Identifying trends in financial performance and providing recommendations for improvement
- Create models with and on behalf of the CEO/COO + leadership team
- Coordinate with Success and Sales teams to account for contract revenue and be a sounding board for deal terms.
- Work with our Product team to make sure we are following best practices for our product’s billing capabilities
- Oversee corporate expenses and bookkeeping
- 8+ years experience (top-tier banking, PE, SaaS)
- Willingness to get hands dirty and clean up QBO skeletons
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn SQL (for things like getting reports from Stripe)
- Familiarity with B2B SaaS metrics
- Must be physically located in the US
- Culture video 💚
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats ✈️
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Co-working stipend
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative 🌍❤️
- Our story and team 🚀
- Build a house you want to live in -- Examine long-term thinking and action
- No BS - Practice transparency and honesty, especially when it’s hard
- Invest in each other -- Build successful relationships with your coworkers and customers
- Discipline equals freedom -- Keep your word to yourself and others
- Strive for greatness -- Constantly challenge yourself and others
How We Work Together
- Productivity, Quality & Impact: We don’t track hours. We trust you’re an adult and know best how to prioritize, meet your goals and contribute at a high level.
- Asynchronous communication & collaboration: We have team members all over the world. We don’t expect anyone to work untraditional hours, that means our default is async. Most teams have 2-5 hours of internal meetings weekly.
- Appreciation for Deep Work: *During your normal work day, not after a day a meetings*.
- Autonomy & Freedom: Create a work environment that is sustainable for you. We place a high amount of trust and responsibility with our team members from the start.
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practice a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our business - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 20+ countries located in 5 of the 7 continents. We’re a collection of talented humans, rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Every year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. These gatherings are an opportunity to strengthen the relationships within our global community.
Our team is growing in more ways than one - in the last few years, we've launched 24 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our people and help our customers become more successful.
Our application process was designed to promote equitable and unbiased hiring practices. We ask a small series of questions that are similar to what would be asked in the first interview. This helps us learn more about you right from the start so please be sure to answer each question thoughtfully. Each application will receive two screens by two different reviewers. Regardless of fit, you will hear back from us letting you know if we'll be moving forward.