Director of EMEA Communications Europe
GitHub powers the developer community. Since 2008, our platform has brought people together to collaborate, share ideas, and solve problems to build the future. We've enabled over 27 million developers and thousands of businesses to build and share their software projects with people all over the world.
The Director of EMEA Communication will be responsible for all regional comms. The candidate will be an experienced and proven comms leader with a solid track record of building awareness through PR, AR and internal comms, partnering closely with the EMEA marketing team and leadership team. This person will support the corporate PR plan, and also have the opportunity to build and own regional programs. The ideal candidate will have strong relationships with key technology media as well as experience working with PR agencies, internal marketing leads, and U.S. based corporate comms teams.
This role is based in London, Germany, or Amsterdam, with travel opportunities.
- Grow GitHub awareness through PR, AR and internal comms to support GitHub's vision and goals
- Ensure comms programs are adapted to the specific regional needs of the EMEA market
- Partner with GitHub corporate PR team to adapt strategies to achieve success in EMEA, including helping to scale our presence in the region
- Partner with GitHub AR to support the growth of a new, global AR program
- Support GitHub corporate internal comms program with regional specific programs, provide feedback on what is valuable to remote/regional teams
- Work closely with EMEA marketing team leads and PR agencies
- Coordinate with Asia Pacific PR agencies
- Help educate corporate comms team on EMEA market needs to feed into global comms programs
- Build strong relationships with EMEA-based teams to understand the landscape and support existing sales programs
- Be a resource for executives and team leaders for EMEA specific comms programs
- Monitor EMEA employee feedback and topics of discussion to identify communication opportunities
- Make informed recommendations on programs and changes, and measure results
- 10+ years of PR experience
- 5+ years in other comms roles, including AR and internal comms
- Experience working with a U.S. based corporate communications team
- Ability to understand cross-EMEA and country needs, and make adjustments on comms program based on business needs
- Experience working with technical and enterprise audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Track record of delivering measurable results
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Experience working with technology, business, and trade media to achieve communications goals
- Strong organizational and project management skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Experience working with regional PR agencies and contractors
- Ability to travel throughout EMEA and U.S.
- Familiarity with GitHub and/or engineering-driven initiatives
- Understanding of software development landscape
- Background in working with open source communities
- Great relationships with EMEA-based press and industry analysts
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1156553