Director of Developer Relations Worldwide
InVision is the world’s leading design collaboration platform.
We enable companies of all sizes to discover the power of design-driven product development. That’s why more than 2,000,000 designers, product managers, marketers and other stakeholders at so many of the world's most loved startups, agencies, & corporations use InVision every day, including Uber, Evernote, Twitter, Adobe, Salesforce and many more.
As Director of Developer Relations for the Studio Platform, you’ll be responsible for making sure that we are developing a healthy ecosystem of partners for building plug-ins and integrations for our Studio product. This is a critical part of making Studio the world’s best screen design and rapid prototyping tool.
- INDEPENDENT PROBLEM SOLVER: You enjoy learning how to solve problems in the most efficient way possible. Complexity doesn’t scare you. The challenge of distilling something complex into something simple invigorates you. You can tackle an abstract problem with minimal direction.
- BIASED TOWARD ACTION: You are a self-motivated, action-oriented person. You don’t sit on your hands and wait for someone else to fix a problem. If there is something you can do to make a situation better, you do it.
- FOLLOWS THROUGH: From support staff, to product designers, to engineering – you speak the language of each of these archetypes. You are empathetic, concise, and consistent in your communication and follow-through. You ensure that the team own their commitments, collectively and personally.
- PASSIONATE ABOUT DESIGN: You understand that design makes everything possible. You are able to distinguish ‘great’ design from ‘pretty’ design. You see the difference design thinking can make in the lives of users. Your eye for detail ensures that the most important details doesn’t get lost in the shuffle. You know that design is about execution – from idea all the way to real-world implementation.
- PLAYS WELL WITH OTHERS: You recognize the strengths of your teammates and understand that we will only get where we want to go if we work together. You work with leadership to place team members on projects appropriate to their skill level and team needs.
- ADVOCATE: You are passionate about advocating for us both internally and externally. You have made many excellent connections in the industry and you want to bring them with you wherever possible. You know how to pitch the value of the Studio platform and InVision as a whole and motivate partners to work with us.
- 3+ years of experience working on technical integrations
- Engineering background - especially working with APIs, plug-ins, and app ecosystems. You must be fluent in developer-speak!
- 3+ years of working with partners
- Source and prioritize partners a list of developer partners
- Proactively reach out to partners and use all available resources to incentivize them to build on our platform
- Facilitate integrations by managing the creation of documentation, contracts, and other program components
- Create & maintain communication channels to make sure we’re getting appropriate feedback from developers, can help address any of their issues as they come up, and can proactively share updates as needed
- Be the voice of the developer for the product team - help the team understand what is needed to make our partners successful and advocate for changes needed to make that possible
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have teams including hubs in New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. Among our benefits we offer competitive health plans, 401k, a flexible vacation policy, unlimited Starbucks cards for each employee, and unlimited books related to your profession.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/1054253