Director of CoGS United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Director, Finance to manage Cost of Goods Sold for the company, including but not limited to reporting & analysis. This role is responsible for influencing the cost strategy of our global carrier network, and providing actionable insights into reducing our cost base. The position will partner directly with the leaders of product, engineering, carrier relations, FP&A, and business operations to establish a mechanism for effectively managing cost of goods sold for Twilio globally. The successful candidate will also be ruthless about redesigning, streamlining and automating the processes and data flows across functions, striving for real-time understanding of our margins. Overseeing a critical area for the company, this role will report directly to the VP, Corporate Finance and interact heavily with the CFO, as well as the broader executive team.
Twilio is looking for an individual who lives the Twilio Magic and has experience leading finance teams and projects. They also have:
- 10+ years in Finance including relevant management and financial experience. Preferred experience in telecommunications or a usage-based industry.
- Strong financial and analytical skills, including analyzing margins, performing variance analyses, price impact calculations, etc.
- Able to communicate clearly and succinctly in writing, presentations and verbally to multiple levels within the organization.
- A proven track record of cross-functional management of multiple projects concurrently with strong business acumen. Ability to drive projects to closure.
- At least 5 years of experience managing direct, permanent staff and consultants / contractors.
- Comfort with ambiguity and able to apply a set of tools or a framework to an ambiguous problem by identifying key metrics, mapping the process, and performing root cause analysis.
- An ability to flex between the strategic and tactical as necessary.
- Some understanding of GAAP accounting principles and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Director, Finance, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Simplify and clearly communicate the processes and flows of data across our carrier network and systems.
- DRAW THE OWL: Thrive in ambiguity; write the playbook on COGS optimization. Own systems solutions to streamline reporting processes.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Be responsible for the COGS forecast; build a mindset of cost-consciousness into our daily rhythms.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact and coordinate extensively across teams within Twilio.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Provide intellectual honesty in all aspects of reporting COGS.
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, quickly evolving business. The COGS Finance Team is central to drive the analysis and insight on our gross margins, fueling our future growth. The Director is a critical role that will enable senior leadership and C-level to make educated operational decisions. We need a leader who is passionate about financial processes and scaling a business for long-term growth.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $146,240- $201,000
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $137,100 - $188,512
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2620859