Director of Business Operations & Analytics, Twilio.org United States
Because you belong at Twilio
Twilio is seeking an exceptional Director of Operations and Analytics to join Twilio’s social impact division, Twilio.org. Twilio.org is focused on building an equitable, resilient, and environmentally sustainable society through Twilio’s products, people, and funding. The Operations and Analytics team serves as the strategic + analytics + operational glue that partners with Twilio leadership and teams to accelerate that vision. We are looking for a leader who can run rings around tough problems. This person can wield excellent analytical skills and build trust-based relationships as second nature. You will report to the Chief Social Impact Officer, who is also the GM of the social impact business unit and a member of the company’s executive team.
The Who, What, Where and Why
As the Director of Operations and Analytics, this role is at the forefront of building a better world by helping Twilio drive fast-paced strategic priorities, tackle operational challenges, and enable growth and innovation. We are looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading successful, large-scale, complex cross-functional projects. You are:
- A natural problem-solver and strategic thinker. Always thinking about how to make something better end to end, and you think critically about the key measures that will tell you when you are successful. You lead inclusive, rigorous, efficient and creative problem solving on complex issues. This leads to a clear set of so-whats, conclusions and recommendations supported by rigorous analytics.
- Performance oriented. Inspires peers and team members to set high expectations and strive to achieve them. You recognize and champion critical initiatives without prompting from senior leaders, broadening impact from self and team.
- An adept communicator. Communicate effectively with all audiences, regardless of level. Consistently mobilize people to act through clear synthesis and recommendations (written and verbal).
- Highly collaborative. A team-first mentality enables you to easily build enduring, trust-based relationships with key business partners and effectively work with cross-functional teams as a trusted thought partner.
- Wear the customer’s shoes. Think through the customer experience of a process end to end, and focus on resolving challenges for our customers and our employees.
- Empathetic and team-first. Use your understanding of human behavior to identify problems and issues proactively and act on that knowledge to influence change. You love helping others drive successful social impact and business outcomes in their areas of responsibility.
- A strong team leader. Elevate team performance and health. You nurture commitment to our common vision and shared values. You mentor and coach others in a strengths-based way to ensure their success and growth.
The ideal candidate has 10+ years of relevant experience in business operations or process improvement, and executing cross-functional projects with tech and non-tech teams.
As the Director of Operations and Analytics, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Deeply understand the health and key performance metrics for the Twilio social impact business. Deep dive regularly into metrics to identify insights, root cause issues, and recommendations.
- BE AN OWNER: Go elbows-deep by partnering with and supporting leaders and teams across functions, to work on top priority strategic projects – from new social impact growth models, to driving more effectiveness in the successful models.
- DRAW THE OWL and BE BOLD: Evaluate social impact opportunities, analyze risks and implementation challenges and synthesize findings and insights.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Lead a team to work cross-functionally to increase social impact through Twilio’s products, people, and funding.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Develop an intimate understanding of our sustainable revenue model and social impact goals to drive customer success. Understand our organizational structure, our leaders and managers, and their objectives and concerns. Work tenaciously to make them more successful in helping our customers succeed.
Twilio.org is the social impact arm of Twilio, led by the Chief Social Impact Officer who reports directly to the company’s CEO. The Twilio.org team works across Twilio’s unique assets - our technology, funding, and employee time - to improve the lives of over 266 million people globally per year! And we’re not stopping there - our goal is for social impact organizations using Twilio to help 1 billion people annually!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is available in a U.S.-based Twilio hub office (examples: San Francisco, Denver, New York) or remote in the U.S. within 3-hours of Pacific Time. You will work from home during the current pandemic measures. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $160,896.00 - $221,232.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $150,840.00 - $207,405.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2951353