Director of Business Development United States
Company: Jackson River
Director, Business Development
We seek an experienced, highly consultative salesperson with a proven track record working with non-profits. The successful candidate will be equal parts sales and non-profit expert, relationship-builder, strategic communicator and technical expert.
Working collaboratively with the leadership team, the Director of Business Development will be responsible for:
- Meeting/exceeding sales goals and objectives, and actively grow the business
- Managing all aspects of the sales cycle, from cultivating promising leads, advancing opportunities, and all deal activities, including high-touch communications, responding to RFPs, conducting Springboard demos, pricing deals, to contracting the solution that works best for the prospective customers
- Effectively qualifying needs, stakeholders, decision process, implementation timeline, and financial parameters.
- Constructing solution proposals, communicating technical concepts effectively and negotiating agreements
Required Skills of a Successful Candidate
- 5-10+ years of successful sales experience selling enterprise software to nonprofits.
- Solid track record working with nonprofits
- Experience with digital/online tools and engagement practices, including fundraising, advocacy, and peer-to-peer and marketing in the nonprofit sector
- Deep knowledge of the Salesforce.org ecosystem, including Salesforce products and related apps. Existing relationships with AEs, SEs, Salesforce implementation/consulting and ISV partners is a strong plus.
- Experience with nonprofit digital-engagement tools is strongly preferred
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills and ability to build rapport with mission-driven nonprofit leaders
- Flexibility and adaptability. We wear multiple hats each day, and have a “get the job done” approach to our work.
- Smart, kind, a good sense of humor, and a genuine regard for nonprofit causes required.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Salary is a commensurate base plus commission and varies depending on experience. Excellent benefits, strong work-life flexibility, and an incredible culture. Location within the US is flexible, with preference for East Coast. Up to 30% travel.