Director of Business Development United States
Company: Jackson River
About Jackson River & Springboard
We are a ten-year-old, 30-person strategy and technology company founded by veterans of the nonprofit tech sector. Our expertise lies in helping nonprofits and NGOs select and implement revitalized technology to power more effective supporter experiences. We are the creators of Springboard, the only online fundraising, advocacy, events, and peer-to-peer software built with native integration to Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, Pardot, and other Salesforce tools for nonprofits. We’re proud that Springboard powers cohesive, omnichannel supporter experiences for some of today’s highest-impact nonprofits, including the ACLU, ASPCA, NPR, International Rescue Committee, and Wildlife Conservation Society.
Director, Business Development
We are a virtual, purpose-driven company with a highly consultative approach to our sales process and a commitment to doing the right thing for prospects and clients.
We seek a Senior sales person to own and execute our end-to-end sales efforts, from early-stage lead cultivation through all stages of the deal cycle to transitioning new clients to our services organization.
Working with the CEO, COO, VP of Alliances, VP of Marketing, and leadership team, the Sales Lead will be responsible for proposing and selling all new Springboard business. They will serve as the owner for cultivating promising leads, advancing opportunities, and all deal activities, including high-touch prospect communications, responding to RFPs, conducting Springboard demos, pricing deals, and contracting. They’ll be responsible for establishing growth projections and forecasts and will oversee our sales function in order to scale up our business development efforts. This position involves working collaboratively with partner firms in the Salesforce.org ecosystem, building deep, positive relationships with prospects and partners. The successful candidate will be equal parts relationship-builder, strategic communicator, technical expert, and unafraid to get their hands dirty figuring out the details.
- 5-10+ years of specific sales experience in enterprise software for nonprofits (or similar background)
- Proven experience executing each stage of the sales cycle
- Strong knowledge of digital/online tools and engagement practices, including fundraising, advocacy, and peer-to-peer
- Deep knowledge of the Salesforce.org ecosystem, including Salesforce products and related apps. Existing relationships with AEs, SEs, and Salesforce implementation partners a strong plus
- Experience with other nonprofit digital-engagement tools is strongly preferred
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills and ability to build rapport with mission-driven nonprofit leaders
- Flexibility and adaptability. We are an intentionally small company, our staff wear multiple hats each day, and we take a “get the job done” approach to our work.
- Smart, kind, a good sense of humor, and a genuine regard for nonprofit causes are all required.
Location is flexible, although must be based in North America. May involve up to 50% travel. Salary is a commensurate base plus commission and varies depending on experience. Excellent benefits, strong work-life flexibility, and an incredible culture.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
How to Apply
Please email us your application at email@example.com. Applications must include 1) a cover letter explaining your background and why you're interested in the position and the company, and 2) a resume. You are welcome to submit any supporting materials that illustrate your background and skills.