Director, Leadership Development United States
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Head of Leadership Development to lead and champion the leadership & management development agenda for the company, including strategy and portfolio definition, program design, and integration with global HR and key business stakeholders and partners. Reporting to the Head of Talent Management, this role will be responsible for devising innovative, practical and cost-efficient ways to develop leaders and leadership throughout the company.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of building and leading LD organizations. They also have:
- 15+ years of experience in leadership and executive development, talent review and succession management, learning and development, and/or organization effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to develop talent and build a high performing team.
- A “product manager mindset” with experience leading cross functional efforts to design and implement development strategies and infrastructure to support Technical, G&A, and Go to Market audiences.
- Experience in creating customized and impactful solutions for a broad range of clients/constituents.
- Applied knowledge of ROI measurement and program evaluation.
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills; stellar coaching, facilitation and public speaking skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the demonstrated ability to communicate in business terms.
- Highly flexible, self-directed, and adapts well to change and accelerated timelines.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required; Master’s Degree in Leadership Development, Business or related field preferred.
As the Head of Talent Development, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & DRAW THE OWL: Create and deliver state of the art leadership development programs for all levels of leadership within Twilio
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Expand our coaching practices as well as build “leader as coach” capability within our managers
- BE BOLD: Develop a practical leadership assessment strategy for development and talent movement purposes and consult with Twilio leaders and their leadership teams on organizational effectiveness, design and challenges
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES & BE INCLUSIVE: Develop relationships and partner with key functional HR business partners, executive leaders and other learning & development teams
- DON’T SETTLE: Build a high performing leadership development team
- WRITE IT DOWN: Utilize data analytics to evaluate the effectiveness, success and impact of leadership programs in measurable ways. Leverage analysis to enhance future strategies and tactics.
The Talent Management team is a vital part of Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with leadership and management across the organization to develop Twilio’s most important resource: our people. Now that we are an increasingly diverse, distributed and complex workforce, our work is even more critical as we work to provide predictable, stable, scalable, and impactful development opportunities to the entire organization.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2452173