Director, Infrastructure Reliability Remote, EMEA
GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Director, Infrastructure Reliability manages the Engineering Reliability teams within the Infrastructure Department. These teams work on GitLab.com and also contribute to our core product. They are capable of managing multiple teams and guiding a portfolio of projects to successful outcomes. They are expert recruiters of Database Reliability Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers and Engineering Managers. They understand how to assess team capabilities and grow the existing talent on their teams. They possess a vision for successful reliability engineering and are advocates for supporting practices and technology. This role is a senior influencer who models the behaviours we want to see in our teams and contributes to great results.
The Director, Infrastructure is a grade 10.
- Lead hiring and management success across multiple Infrastructure Reliability Engineering teams
- Measure and improve productivity of the team while supporting a great Team Member experience and belonging
- Drive quarterly OKRs
- Collaborate across departments within engineering
- Own the overall reliability of GitLab.com
- Own the process for incident response and management
- Guide the process for team workflow and project management
- Ensure team process and capability to stay ahead of system capacity demands
- Support improvements in infrastructure spend efficiency
- Communicate effectively across all company departments and roles
- Implement Site Reliability process, tools, and knowledge consistent with a clear vision for driving reliability at GitLab.
- 5+ years managing multiple operational reliability and/or engineering teams
- Excellent recruiter capable of attracting top talent
- Experience with consumer-level scale systems and Software as a Service (SaaS) product delivery
- Passionate about open source and developer tools
- Experience in a results-oriented organization
- Enterprise software company experience
- Approach challenges with a growth mindset
- Candidates with diverse experience and backgrounds
- Prior remote work experience
- Significant open source contributions
- Experience with global teams
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $160,600 - $282,300 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/5834860002