Director, Industry Marketing United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Director of Industry Product Marketing to lead our Industry Product Marketing team. The person in this role will help define the vision, strategy and plan for how we increase our market share in our target vertical markets. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Marketing for Industries, this position is critical in building a successful industry product marketing function at Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of building and scaling industry product marketing organizations. They also have:
- 7+ years direct experience in industry / vertical solution product marketing.
- Must have extensive experience in building hard-working teams, inspiring them to accomplish big tasks, while working closely with large enterprise sales teams.
- Proven operational excellence and a creative problem solver who can define the most effective and efficient processes. This person has a maniacal focus on outcomes/results and a strong analytical mindset.
- Can interface with a broad range of stakeholders from sales leadership to marketing to product. They are natural communicators and build rapport with a network of collaborators to drive successful outcomes.
- Fluency in all aspects of product marketing from positioning, messaging to sales enablement and marketing content. And know how to balance a narrative for a specific vertical, while still staying true to the global positioning. They also have a proven understanding of the marketing mix and what moves the needle in terms of conversions and pipeline.
- Ability to build a customer obsessed product marketing organization who knows how to listen to customers, how to understand customer delights, needs and frustrations; and uses that to inform the product narrative.
- Experience working with product and partner teams to successfully build and launch vertical specific bundles, solutions and offerings. They have worked in enterprise software and with technology products that have targeted enterprises via direct, online, and channel strategies.
- Technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices, and mobility is a plus.
As a Director of Industry Product Marketing, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Define the vision, strategy, and plan for your team and function.
- DRAW THE OWL: Define how the teams operate in a matrixed organization and build operating mechanisms that are effective and scalable. Fuel innovation and building of vertical solutions/offerings.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work in an environment that is always in motion--manage priorities so that you handle top priorities as they crop up, without losing momentum on your long term projects.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Build a repeatable success model for effectively targeting and eventually winning in vertical markets.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Enable sales and cross-functional marketing teams within Twilio to reach their full potential with leadership and support from Industry Product Marketers.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Have a testing and growth mindset. Measure, test and iterate to continuously learn and optimize based on what is working and not working.
The Industry Product Marketing team is central to Twilio's sustained, long-term growth. The team is responsible for driving success via defining the next chapter of customer engagement through world-class messaging and positioning, storytelling and customer insights. At the intersection of product, sales, and marketing, the industry marketing team plays an integral role in translating products, features, and services into solutions that meet our customers’ needs.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $160,896- $201,120
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $150,840 - $188,550
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3529832