Director, Global Workplace Services Bellevue, Washington
GitHub is growing and looking for an experienced Workplace Services Director to oversee day-to-day operations in our beautiful, award-winning offices and coworking spaces around the world. This role will be an integral part of a team of innovative professionals shaping our culture and elevating our programs & amenities. This person will also provide leadership for a growing team of office operations managers who create environments that inspire creativity and drive productivity.
The ideal candidate is passionate about establishing best business practices and data-driven metrics to manage resources, services and processes. They have a track record of being a thought-leader and creating experiences & environments that delight employees and customers and align with our core values. Strong communication and collaboration are central to GitHub’s working environment and culture, so we need someone who can clearly articulate their ideas, integrate feedback well, and effectively present updates at the executive level, cross-functionally, and to the public.
This role will report to our Senior Director of Global Workplace Experience.
- Own office operations & onsite services. Drive execution of site operations consistent with global program guidelines, strategy, and vision.
- Build a high performing team. Enhance team agility and career development to operate on both strategic and tactical levels to support continued improvement via unique solutions and technical improvements.
- Build and develop a team to provide world-class service. Identify, prioritize and effectively delegate issues; track performance metrics and KPIs related to their team.
- Manage facilities including janitorial, HVAC, furniture, preventative maintenance and operations at 11 sites in 7 countries (and counting!). Find clever solutions to facilities and operational challenges; create digital & data-driven workplace standards. Ensure that facilities are properly maintained and in compliance with all codes.
- Act as liaison with landlords and building management teams to ensure quality support and service.
- Proactively partner with cross-functional teams, including IT, HR, and Finance. Ensure all stakeholder teams are properly engaged at the onset of any new workplace initiatives.
- Partner with the Director of Physical Security to ensure security systems and policies are up to par and help communicate workplace safety to employees.
- Partner with our Project Manager lead on real estate and capex projects and with our Programs Manager on global initiatives that impact our sites, such as sustainability.
- Develop, maintain operating expense forecasts and budgets, tracking spend against plan.
- Promote and support diversity and inclusion; cultural sensitivity to communications and business engagement in each of the regions where we operate.
- Travel required (when safe to do so)
- 5+ years of leading international workplace operations in a high growth tech environment.
- Experience managing distributed teams and remote employees, as well as experience working with international partners.
- Knowledge of space planning principles and programming processes.
- Experience building cultural programs and events, both internal and external, a plus.
- Cultural sensitivity to communications and business engagement.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3065861