Director, Enterprise Sales - Central United States
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for Enterprise Sales Directors to hire, develop and manage a high-performing team of diverse sales professionals and over-achieve business goals. The ideal candidate will have both the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities, underlying technology, and competitive advantages as well as a proven leader developing and managing a team of high performing solution sales professionals. We are looking for Enterprise Sales Directors in all of GitHub’s geographical selling markets. The role will report to a Regional VP of Sales.
- Team Development. Develop and coach a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent and prioritizing development and talent management. As a Director, you will lead by example, maintain high-level customer and partner relationships and build a network in the market to promote GitHub and attract talent.
- Business Development. Develop territory and team plans, assess market opportunity for GitHub Products and Services and aligning resources to over-achieve on business goals. You will be a thought leader for your market and represent GitHub at customer and partner meetings as well as small and large events. You will be responsible to hit aggressive sales targets.
- Risk Management. Identify risk and be decisive to ensure any risk is mitigated. Be a disciplined business manager, develop a culture of accountability and set up strong operational standards.
- Network building. Build a solid network at GitHub and within customer and prospect accounts to support the field. Work cross-functionally with technical product management, engineering, support, technical sales, professional services, channel and marketing teams to demonstrate the value of GitHub and, in turn, help our partners and GitHub sales.
- Understand GitHub products and solutions. Understand how we enable customers to be successful with our products and services to help them be innovation leaders. Teach customers about their industries and offer unique insights to encourage customers to think differently about their business and discover the true value of working with GitHub.
- 10+ years of experience developing high-performing enterprise software sales teams and a proven track record of exceeding team quotas/targets, preferably at cloud solution vendor
- Successful management of large-scale complex deal cycles at Fortune 1000 accounts.
- Coaching of direct reports in pipeline and opportunity management and account planning
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- Executive level communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to mentor others
- Strong presentation skills
- Willingness to travel approximately 40%
- High energy and positive attitude
- Experience leveraging the CEB Challenger framework
- Ability to take initiative
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Selling subscription-based licenses
- Experience using salesforce.com CRM
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1482208