Director, Engineering - Studio Worldwide
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Director of Engineering to lead our Studio Team to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
In this role you would be directing the Studio engineering team. We’re looking for a Director of Engineering who can turn product ideas into reality and operate diverse products for millions of customers, from the small to the behemoth. We’re excited by challenges of scale—both the number and size of customers—and a diverse set of products. If you’re looking for variety, we have it. Every team ships code daily. We’re motivated to not only deliver the best products, but also to personally achieve.
What you’ll do:
- You will manage teams of 3-5 engineers and Engineering Managers
- Create a culture of innovation on the team where ideas are generated to make the best possible customer experience
- Responsible for delivering projects that span across the stack (but primarily front end)
- Communicate clearly with product owners, delivery engineers, and other engineering leaders
- Work with design, product, and engineering leaders to organize reports, metrics, and KPI's
- Consistently evaluate team processes for efficiency and refine them
- Mentor and technically lead other developers on the team and act as a point of contact for cross team initiatives. Help grow engineers on their career path
What you’ll bring:
- Prior experience of directing teams of 10+ software engineers and Engineering Managers
- A passion for operational excellence and a drive towards creating performant and reliable applications through metrics driven decisions
- Keen eye for details and delivering quality products on tight timelines; you can motivate your team to find solutions which may be outside of the box
- Ability to comprehend and understand complex systems as a whole, and also to focus in and communicate relevant aspects of the system to non-technical stakeholders
- Solid understanding of how to effectively manage people and situations
- Excellent organizational and deadline management skills
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/2389683