Director, Engineering - Pricing Platform United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a talented and experienced senior engineering leader. You would build, manage and grow the Pricing Platform organization to augment Twilio’s Billing Platform. As Billing Platform focuses on delivering the mission of becoming a trusted platform enabling Twilio’s revenue growth, we will need a pricing platform that enables experimentation and self-service management of static and dynamic pricing models, packaging and bundling. Our vision is to create a pricing platform which accommodates the globally and localized needs of all Twilio product pricing, packaging and bundling. This senior leadership role reports into the Head of Engineering for Billing and Pricing Platforms.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading engineering teams focused on creating world class pricing and billing platforms. They also have:
- You have a track record of leading distributed systems engineering and operations teams in software companies. Experience with distributed systems in large install environments.
- You have extensive technical expertise in high fidelity data processing and storage systems, including platforms for experimentation. Experience with distributed systems in large install environments.
- You ideally have experience in pricing and payment processing systems.
- You are highly data driven in decision making and understand what makes good input and output metrics and the mechanisms to support them.
- Experience building engineering teams from scratch. Strong focus on org structure and shape hygiene.
- You are passionate about engineering hygiene and operational excellence. You have the know-how to build an engineering organization that delivers it. You focus on quality through metrics-based defect tracking and pride in delivery.
- You have expertise with agile methodologies, continuous integration, and test automation.
- You are a strategic thinker as it relates to scale and removing humans from the loop. You thrive when operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services to defined SLA’s.
- You distill complex and ambiguous situations into aligned priorities with actionable plans for your team. Focus on the customer and business outcomes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent. You are able to articulate the “why” for a team’s priorities and the customer impact.
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience.
As a Director, Engineering - Pricing Platform, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Curate, lead and grow a team of passionate engineers. Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Deliver engineering plans and architecture for a pricing platform to globally and locally support static and dynamic pricing that is self-service for Sales and Product teams.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Provide experimentation capabilities for Sales and Product to test and validate pricing strategies.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Help employees grow through career development, coaching, and mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. You'll provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, defining goals, perform evaluations, and collaborate with employees on their objectives. Most of all, ensure employees are having fun with their work.
- BE AN OWNER: Own, operate, and maintain your team’s services. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers. Enhance and maintain a rotating on-call incident escalation and response process.
- DRAW THE OWL: Be a leader of a critical part of Twilio’s senior engineering team and contribute to Twilio’s overall billing and pricing platform strategy.
- DON’T SETTLE: Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Architects, and Tech Leads to ensure the organization has clear direction and priorities related to performance metrics that track business performance.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting and motivating top talent.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office with an option for remote pacific or mountain time zone locations. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2257876