Director, Email Support United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Director of Email Support.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to set the strategy and oversee the performance and execution of Twilio’s world-class, North American Customer Support teams for the Twilio SendGrid Email product. The leader of this function is singularly focused on building an award-winning support delivery organization that exceeds customer expectations and delights even the most demanding customers of Twilio’s most technically complex product families.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop and drive key performance indicators that deliver the best customer experience and productivity. Manage and monitor performance.
- Innovate and develop new ways to achieve high levels of customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Ensure team readiness for supporting new products and services.
- Identify budget, resource capacity and systems requirements to support corporate and strategic plans.
- Measure, maintain and improve delivery processes to increase efficiency and customer experience at scale with the future in mind.
- Plan staffing requirements and hire skilled team members to meet business goals.
- Deliver excellent partner and customer satisfaction and meet/exceed all operational targets.
- Provide regular employee coaching and on-going guidance to help employees achieve career development aspirations.
- Identify opportunities to create new support offerings that differentiate the support experience and uniquely address customer needs.
- Work closely with Supportability Engineers, Customer Experience, and Product and Engineering, to provide feedback and surface customer insights that improve product quality and supportability.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 10+ years of experience in technical support or support delivery, with at least 5+ years as a senior leader.
- A strategic thinker, able to come up with out of the box solutions that drive efficiency, enable scale, and deliver on customer and internal performance metrics.
- Is a thought leader that stays abreast of trends in the support industry.
- Must be a strong leader with the ability to attract, motivate, retain and develop people.
- Ability to influence and build bridges with peer teams, including those outside of the support organization.
- Strong operational discipline with an analytical and process-oriented mindset.
- Data-driven at your core: an analytical problem solver who can tackle big challenges with a sense of urgency.
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and achieving growth and success.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Able to work in a dynamic, ever changing environment with a strong bias toward action.
This role will be remote, based in the US
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $145,520.00 - $181,900.00
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4529883