Director, Developer Relations Worldwide
On the Developer Marketing team at GitHub, our primary mission is to create superfans: people who love GitHub, are avid users, and spread our message on our behalf. We’re looking to scale our team with an experienced Developer Relations leader.
As Director, Developer Relations you will shape and grow a team of regional Developer Advocates. This role is dedicated to delighting and educating developers about GitHub, the platform, and our developer programs. You will be the architect of our developer outreach initiatives, from strategy to execution.
This is a vital role for GitHub’s success, and will report to the Senior Director of Developer Marketing.
- Recruit, hire, and train new Developer Advocates to your established philosophy of developer relations.
- Plan and draft content to help developers where they are and nurture your own GitHub-specific channels (blog, newsletter, social).
- Coach by example: you’ll still get in the weeds to give your own presentations, technical talks and blog posts.
- Attend and speak at GitHub first party events like GitHub Universe and GitHub Satellite.
- Put yourself in the shoes of GitHub platform developers to position and present solutions that utilize GitHub APIs.
- The respect of the developer community you serve.
- Experience managing a team of regional Developer Advocates.
- The ability to write excellent code--you could make meaningful contributions on an engineering team.
- Grace, poise and stage presence. People are excited to hear your talks, and the buzz around them carries on when the conference is over.
- Passion for the craft. You want more people to learn technical skills, and you want to do it at GitHub.
- Enough marketing savvy to make ideas stick.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1408309