Director, Customer Success United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for an experienced manager to lead our Customer Success team focused on Independent Software Vendors (ISVs). This team is critical in ensuring our ISV customers can optimize their Twilio use cases and maximize the value they get from the Twilio platform. Customer Success Managers build trusted relationships with customers that ensure satisfaction, and ultimately drive revenue retention and growth.
You are passionate about the success and experience of customers and know the only way to achieve this is by developing and coaching a strong team. You treat your team the same way you want them to treat our customers. You thrive in a customer-centric environment and know that scaling customers requires scaling your internal operations too.
We seek leaders who naturally demonstrate our Twilio Magic Values, enjoys ambitious problems, empower others to thrive, can “draw the owl,” and are not beholden to one playbook.
- 5+ years in a customer-facing management role. 2+ years with PaaS/SaaS or other recurring revenue business model. We’d prefer working with a digital communications solution provider such as SMS, email, telecommunications, or video
- Senior Manager-level experience leading teams focused on post-sales customer success, product adoption & enablement for customers
- Product, process and systems problem solver who can help identify gaps and work with Twilio’s product teams on short, medium and long term solves
- Strong history of mentorship; you’ve left a legacy of successful and motivated teams. A servant-leader approach to management; you care about your team and their success both as a group and as individuals
- Strong eye for business, able to effectively communicate with C-level customer executives serving as an escalation point for the team
- Disciplined operator with an analytical and process-focused mentality. You take a data-based approach to decision making and assessment
- Clear and inspiring interpersonal skills, both verbal and written. Proven record of creating and maintaining strong business relationships
- Hands on. Curious. Persistent. Creative. Fun to work with. Gets things done. High personal efficiency; you are a “Do-er” first
You will lead a Customer Success team focused on Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and guide them in delivering strategic account management for Twilio’s largest customers. You must be able to see the customer's needs and simplify a multitude of products, regulations, and use cases to get our customers what they need. Improving customer satisfaction and the success of your customers motivates you. You are delightfully persistent in your pursuit of opportunities for improvement and creating betterments, collaborating closely with other customer-facing groups and internal partners.
You bring a wealth of industry knowledge and the ability to adapt learned standard methodologies to the unique environment we have at Twilio. Your mission is to build a Success team that sets Twilio apart from competitors.
- Accountable for retaining revenue for your team’s portfolio of customers
- Partner with Sales and Services leadership to empower account teams that protect Twilio revenue, while providing a smooth and scalable customer experience
- Attract, hire, develop, and retain a team of high-potential Customer Success Managers
- Deliver operational excellence by continuous innovation and measurement of functional processes and systems
- Influence relevant product investments by championing ISV customers and their complex business and technical needs to internal partners
- Develop relationships within strategic accounts to better understand your customer segment and advocate for their needs within Twilio
- Define targets and deliver team results for revenue retention, risk management, customer satisfaction, and career development
Retaining and growing the existing customer base is essential for Twilio’s long-term success. The Customer Success team creates strategic, lasting relationships with our most important clients from the identification of new use cases within existing customers, ongoing strategic account management that maximizes each customer’s Twilio experience to helping them navigate the changing communications environment. We only succeed when our customers succeed. Customer Success is instrumental in building our customer base and helping businesses improve how they interact with their customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio!
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$146,240 - $201,080
Rest of Colorado:
$137,000 - $188,513
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3396644