Director, Corporate Compensation United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and is seeking a Director, Corporate Compensation to be a key contributor for our emerging growth globally. The person in this role will drive compensation programs, policies and practices and structures that enable the business and further our commitment to pay equity. This role will report to the Senior Director, Global Compensation & Mobility and will partner with the broader people team as well as external, cross-functional partners in a leadership capacity.
Twilio is looking for a dynamic Compensation professional who:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required with a minimum of 10+ years of compensation experience; 5+ years in a management role.
- Experience with equity in a public-traded company with a strong compensation analytics background required.
- Strong compensation analytics background required; strong experience with Workday as an HRIS preferred.
- Experience leading programs and strong change management experience
- Extensive knowledge of HR products and services and awareness of HR strategy around talent identification, attraction, engagement and retention.
- Verbal, written and interpersonal skills needed to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization; excellent project management skills.
- An owner mindset, coupled with innovative thinking and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A laser-focus on quality of deliverable for the end-user.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with no trepidation with ambiguity or lack of a playbook.
As a Director, Corporate Compensation, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Drive corporate compensation programs such as compensation cycle reviews, promotion cycles, pay equity review, etc. Partner with stakeholders and subject matter experts from other teams and functions to address and provide solutions to ever-changing business needs.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Manage relationships with stakeholders, leaders, internal and external partners with emotional intelligence, curiosity and integrity. Own compensation products from start to end with the customer in mind
- WRITE IT DOWN: Develop policies and processes that support innovation and growth while upholding compliance and minimizing risk. Memorialize key decisions, methodologies, processes, policies and add to the compensation repository/library for future reference and utilization
- NO SHENANIGANS: Guide and manage the work of employees, consultants and vendors related to compensation with strong leadership and empathy skills. Optimize resources (people and money) to meet highest priority items, and manage resources as if they were your own
- DON’T SETTLE: Partner with stakeholders and subject matter experts from other teams and functions to address and provide solutions to ever-changing business needs
- DRAW THE OWL: In partnership with the Senior Director, Global Compensation, design and deliver compensation structures and methodologies that will scale for long term durability and global expansion
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Be a trusted advisor. Partner with senior business leaders and executives to understand their operational issues and opportunities and create automated solutions to scale
The Compensation Team is central to Twilio's international growth. We work closely with Talent Acquisition, HRBPs, managers and employees to ensure we are building and delivering what the business needs for hyper-growth so we attain and retain the best and brightest talent. We lead all aspects of compensation which includes, salary, stock, executive, acquisitive growth, annual reviews, market trends, compliance, enablement and bolstering the employee value proposition for Twilio..
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located remote first in the Central or Eastern US time zones with optionality to join our Denver or Atlanta offices, if feasible. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $160,896.00 to $221,232.00
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $150,840.00 to $207,405.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3083742