Director, Commercial Vehicle Business Development United States
Decisiv is looking for a self-starting, business development minded leader to help drive growth in the commercial vehicles market. Decisiv is a real-world IoT success story – enabling billions of dollars of value creation across millions of assets – and we're just getting started.
This person will take a leadership role in driving Decisiv’s growth in the commercial vehicle market, by building new relationships with potential customers across OEMs, service providers, Fleets, and Tier 1 suppliers. This person will have a primary focus on the Americas, but will also contribute towards Decisiv’s global growth. Decisiv has 4 million assets using its platform to manage service and maintenance and this person will focus on further growing that ecosystem.
- Lead relationship development and sales with potential customers in Commercial Vehicle market
- Lead all phases of the sales process: prospecting, defining the customer needs, working with the customer to understand the Decisiv value proposition, working with Decisiv team and customer to do assessments, proof-of-concept projects and pilot projects, deal-closing, contract negotiations and transition to program directors for long term account management
- Support and participate in marketing activities, including participating and presenting at industry/customer events and conferences
- Report to the Senior Vice President of Commercial Vehicles and will be a key leader in the next phase of growth of Decisiv. This person will also work closely with the CEO, VP Product, and VP Marketing & Partners, as well as our Europe and Asia teams.
The right person for this role will have:
- Demonstrated aptitude for complex sales and relationship development
- Proven record of leadership in complex situations and experience working with senior leaders
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
- Experience working in ambiguous and/or entrepreneurial environments
- Initiative and an entrepreneurial mindset to drive initiatives forward
- Enthusiasm/ability to travel
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years experience in a sales/business development role, primarily in software and/or industrial technology, with experience in negotiating multi-million dollar enterprise agreements
- Experience with commercial vehicles, specifically on-highway trucks
- Experience working in cross-functional teams, including experience working with senior executives, product managers, solution engineers and front line managers
- Proficiency with analysis and communication tools (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc)
- Be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, which will vary from start-up software company to working some of our partners in call centers, maintenance facilities and corporate headquarters.
Nice to haves
- IoT or IIoT experience
- Experience with maintenance and/or aftermarket services
- Can work from anywhere, but would be nice to be located in Washington DC, Richmond VA, Baltimore MD, Greensboro NC, Charlotte NC, Raleigh NC
Please send a resume and relevant work samples to email@example.com.
Vacancy page : https://www.decisiv.com/-bd-cv