The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Director, Channel Sales (Americas)
The Director, Channel Sales (Americas) is a grade 10.
- Engage Gitlab Regional Sales leadership, Sales & Solutions Architects and marketing teams to ensure awareness and leverage of Gitlab channel strategy and philosophy
- Build out and own executive VP and C-level relationships across your territory of focus's DevOps Ops System Integration, Advisory & VAR network
- Work with Channel Services & Channel Solutions Architecture to build dedicated Gitlab practices in leading boutique, regional & global system integrators
- Identify demand generation and build pipeline across your territory of focus.
- Directly manage your team territory of focus's channels and alliances team across all market segments (Enterprise, MidMarket & SMB)
- Work with channel marketing to design and execute your territory of focus channel programs and campaigns
- Oversee your territory of focus wide partner business planning process and set objectives, financial targets and critical milestones
- Participate in regular quarterly business reviews with top partners in theater
- Provide VP WW Channel with critical business visibility and weekly business status
- Provide understanding of business dynamics and key driver by your territory of focus region / country and set localized strategy
- Overseeing SFDC for partners and deal registrations for overall region
- Builds relationship with technology vendors and alliance partners to identify mutual greenfield opportunities
- Works collaboratively between partners and Gitlab sales team to drive white space discussion and opportunity generation.
- Stays abreast of competitive products, technologies and industry trends
- Preparation of presentations, territory plans and reports
- Demonstrated progressive sales experience of managing global channel programs and relationships in software and/or SaaS environments
- Experience managing partner relationships that are based in developing and delivering service offerings tied to vendor product
- Experience selling in the Software Development Tools and/or Application Lifecycle Management space via channel partnerships
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment; must be high energy, motivated and a self starter
- Ability to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong relationships with partners and GitLab teams.
- Strong personal network within the industry.
- Driven, highly motivated and results driven.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
- % Revenue Partner Initiated
- % Services Attached
- Size of Partner Practices - skilled, certified consultants and deliver resources
- SMAU acceleration by stage or # seats in named enterprise accounts
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30min screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Hiring Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to interview with 2-5 teammates
- There may be a final executive interview
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.