Director, Business Intelligence United States
Director - Business Intelligence & Analytics
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio Flex is growing rapidly and is looking for an accomplished, curious, and action-oriented Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics to be a key operational leader within the Flex team to develop analytics capabilities and nurture a culture of data driven planning and decisioning. With the support of a small team, you will expand the use of our business intelligence platforms & underlying data infrastructure, and drive metrics reporting & analysis that will inform strategic planning and tactical decisioning across Development, GTM (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success), Support, and Finance teams.
As the Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics you will take a service oriented, consultative approach to measure fast moving strategic priorities, surface opportunities, and drive operational maturity.
- 10+ years building/leading a Business Intelligence & Analytics team, and managing/coaching analysts and data engineers, in a B2B business.
- Deep understanding of analytics from descriptive to predictive across data ingestion, prep, development, and end user adoption.
- Sophisticated understanding of SQL, relational databases, and visualization tools (e.g. Looker and Tableau).
- Led geographically diverse centers of excellence in Business Intelligence & Analytics.
- Exhibits a strong and consistent focus on user adoption and deployment (beyond the technical maturity of the solution).
- A structured thinker who consistently displays a deep understanding of the problem determination/problem resolution process.
- Outstanding ability to grow and mentor a team of valued business partners, creating a clear path of career progression
- Outstanding verbal and written communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence without authority (both horizontally and vertically).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
As a Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Recommend and drive impactful visualizations that elevates Flex’s operating data to deliver business outcomes and help our stakeholders exceed their goals
- BE AN OWNER: Own and improve Twilio Flex’s business intelligence platforms, underlying data infrastructure, deployment of visualizations, and leveraging operating data to drive growth and efficiency
- WRITE IT DOWN: Be clear and crisp in surfacing why the data you’re surfacing is important, how it should be interpreted, and what are the specific actions to be taken as a result.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Build world-class team and experiences by working collaboratively with Development, GTM, Support, Finance and other cross functional teams to design and deliver actionable data and insights.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Use your extensive experience to plan and drive what gets done in what order.
- BE BOLD: Proactively find improvement areas, develop solutions, drive execution and deliver value.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Be a true partner, understand the questions behind requests and solve the problem with the best method for the problem.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Focus consistently on user adoption of data and self service solutions
The Flex product is central to Twilio's vision to serve the developer community. It is the contact center platform of the future, enabling customers to have a fully customizable contact center solution. Flex is Twilio’s flagship application product built on top of Twilio’s communication primitives. We serve both enterprise customers, partners and the developers that work to customize their Flex solution.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be remote, and attached to our NY hub. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3328481