Director, Accounting United States
Company: Modus Create
Experience level: Senior
Hello! Are you ready to Work from Home and transform your career?
We're looking for a technical Director, Accounting to join the Finance Team at Modus. Want to help Modus streamline and implement best practices for our internal tools to align to our goals and vision? Are you interested in working from home with some of the best talent on the planet? Then keep reading.
You love to crunch numbers, analyze data, and develop processes to support the accurate and proper maintenance of the organization’s financial statements and internal operations. You are a natural leader, highly motivated, a self-starter, and continuously challenge yourself to set the bar higher and constantly learn and improve.
We use modern tools, which means you’ll have the opportunity to work with tools and technologies such as Hubspot, Quickbooks, Harvest, Trello, Jira, Slack, Zoom, Google, Microsoft and much more.
You enjoy providing value-added financial analyses that help determine the direction of operational decision making and planning. You are very attentive to details and demonstrate the ability to be accurate and thorough. You are able to prioritize tasks and work efficiently to complete work. You are adaptable and able to handle unexpected events and a quick paced environment.
You are highly collaborative, autonomous, and effective working remotely. You have the ability to work independently and as a team player, working with a cross-functional, distributed team.
You love learning Accounting & Finance in an ever-evolving world. You view accounting as the primary driver of operational decision making. You are self-driven, a self-learner, willing to share knowledge and participate actively in your community.
Having overlap with your team is critical when working in a global remote team. Modus requires all team members to overlap with EST morning hours daily. In addition, reliable high speed internet is a must.
Things You Will Do:
Modus is a fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience in many different areas across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Partner with leadership to define, operationalize, and execute targets and goals for department
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and integrity of the financial statements in accordance with GAAP for monthly/quarterly/annual reporting.
- Consolidate all subsidiary financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Manage a talented team of 2-3 accounting and finance professionals, and several external firms dispersed across multiple countries in a distributed environment
- Lead entire month end close process including accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue recognition, financial reporting, KPI tracking, and treasury operations
- Main Point of Contact for external audits, external tax accountants, and R&D tax specialists
- Find new solutions for ERP, currency conversion, international payment providers, and other tools as the company scales
- Perform technical accounting research for debt and equity
- Negotiate new vendor contracts
- Research and assist in identifying and calculating any statutory to GAAP differences with international subsidiaries
- Prepare formal documentation of company accounting positions and policies in Confluence.
- Oversee Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable teams
- Provide analysis/recommendations for operational improvements
- Prepare and manage budgets and forecasts for fast growing, ever changing departments
- Collaborate with Client Partners, Project Managers, and Resource Managers to maintain project budgets, staffing changes, and billing
- Review client contracts and billing plan and collaborate with clients to resolve billing disputes and align billing processes
- Review and Process US and international payroll for full time employees and contractors
- File and pay multistate sales tax and annual 1099s
- Collaborate with all departments to develop internal policies and procedures to increase efficiency
- Recommend and improve process improvements
- Other Ad Hoc and special projects and duties as required
- Teach and be taught: Modus creates active teams that work together, giving opportunities to stay relevant with the latest technologies and learning from experts worldwide
- 7-12 years of relevant experience, including both public and private accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance related field
- Strong GAAP/ASC 606 technical accounting knowledge and understanding of financial reporting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agile finance department, successfully juggling multiple entities, projects and deliverables with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of modern financial tools and implementation of them
- Experience in Consulting and/or software technology industry for a high growth tech company
- Proficient analytical skills in Excel/Google Sheets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English (verbal and written)
- QBO experience preferred
Why Modus Create:
If you become a full time employee we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance (medical, vision, and dental) and other benefits (FSA and HSA)
- 401(K) match to up to 3.5% of your annual salary
- Remote work
- The chance to work side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
- Flexible Time Off/PTO
Do you have what it takes? Apply today!
About Modus Create
Modus Create builds customer-centric products, processes, and platforms to help businesses succeed in the digital economy.
Our global team of strategists, designers, and developers have helped the world’s biggest brands such as Burger King, Kaplan, AARP, PBS, and Time Inc deliver powerful digital experiences to their clients.
Founded in 2011 with HQ in Reston, Virginia, Modus has employees all over the world. Our culture is inspired by the open-source ethos with an emphasis on continuous learning, collaboration, and autonomy. Modus has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies for 7 years in a row by Inc. magazine, and two years in a row by the Washington Business Journal. FlexJobs rated Modus as a top company for remote work.
Based on the model of an open source team, Modites work remotely, and are located across the globe. That’s allowed us to hire the best talent in the world, no matter where they live. Our highly collaborative, autonomous, and effective working environment is fueled by a team unified by a love of continuous learning. Our years of thought leadership including books, whitepapers, blog posts, conference and MeetUp talks, demonstrate our commitment to sharing what we’ve learned.
We encourage every Modus employee to do the same. Our company is a platform for the growth of our employees. Through working with our distributed team of experts on challenging projects, every person that joins the Modus team can expect to continue growing and learning every day. This is your chance to be part of building something great.
Vacancy page : https://moduscreate.com/careers/4799154003?gh_jid=4799154003