Digital Project Manager Worldwide
Our Project Manager role is a bit of a hybrid and is well-suited for someone who enjoys both shaping a piece of work with a client (ie – a bit of account management) and then also overseeing the work itself once it’s in motion (ie – a bit of project management).
With this search, we hope to find a soul who enjoys the varied (and often crazy) kind of agency work we do, who is technical enough to know what it takes to get a website launched and who isn’t afraid to hop on a call and take a client through various aspects of their project.
In this role, you will:
- Manage web, mobile, experiential, and video projects
- Translate a project into actionable steps from start to finish (with help from our subject matter experts like Creative and Technical Directors)
- Work with the client to shape the scope of the work required to meet their goals and guide them through every step of the project
- Ensure the project scope doesn’t get out of hand while at the same time helping the client get what they paid for (and finding the right voice to explain what they need if it’s different from what they want)
- Work with our internal teams (developers, designers, etc.) to make sure a project is on track and any issues are dealt with appropriately
- Make sure budgets are kept on track and not be afraid to raise a voice if feature creep is lurking around the corner
- Develop deeper relationships with our clients by sharing work with them, making suggestions to help their business and their projects
- Get your hands dirty and help with projects. We’re a small shop doing a variety of things, we’ve got SEO research needed, content entry on WordPress sites, QA, brainstorming and beyond. Hop in and help.
- Finger painting
- Help ideate new concepts and solutions for proposals
- Help estimate budget for new business proposals
What we’re looking for:
- 3 years minimum of experience doing this job or something similar (we have moments where we’re accepting folks who are looking for their first job but this is not one of them)
- Some technical knowledge around building and launching digital things. You understand hosting/DNS configuration, Google Analytics, how SEO works, what’s involved in a WordPress build and how to access/enter content in the wp-admin. If you’re in the dark on the technical side of things, this job might not be for you
- Attention to detail, you can’t let things fall through the cracks in this job
- A jack-of-all trades, entrepreneurial attitude
- Has experience managing web or software projects and is comfortable in a world of pm tools like Jira, Trello, Asana or similar
- Someone who’s not an asshole, diva, or douchebag
One important note…we have a healthy remote work policy but producers here need to be based in LA or NY. Details of our policy are:
- We have offices in NYC, Brooklyn, and LA. You can come into an office, or you can work from wherever you want (cafe, Nepal, Newark, Narragansett, wherever) provided you get your shit done and are available to get to a client meeting in the city you live in when necessary.
- We generally work on EST, but you might have clients anywhere in the world, and you have to be creative about when you can communicate with them.
- If you have never done the remote work thing, like ever, we might have a problem.
- If you work from home, we expect you to be available on Slack and video conference.
- If you are on a video conference, you need to have a shirt on. Pants are optional.
And who the hell are we?
A 30-person interactive shop working with all manner of organizations (sports teams, beauty brands, magazines, non-profits, pharmaceutical companies, startups) helping to create and manage the full battery of digital media goodness (web, mobile, content, video and experiential activations to be specific). We believe passionate, talented people all working together smoothly yields awesome work that lets us come back and do it again tomorrow.
If you are interested, please apply with a resume and introduction to [email protected] with the subject line “Bumble Bee Tuna” to show that you’ve read this whole post. Bonus points if you include a GIF from the movie.
Please feel free to skip the formality of a cover letter and write to us as a human being. If you need to use a four letter word to effectively express a previous engagement or an appropriately inappropriate metaphor to describe your ideal work environment, I’ll take that over what you would think I typically “need to hear” in a job application. Be yourself. The truth is the easiest thing to remember and I don’t have time to weed through cover-letter-speak to find out who you really are and what you want. Just tell me.
If you are a recruiter, I promise I respect the heck out of the service you provide and when I run a 35,000-person company I will totally respond to your queries but not on this one. Please don’t waste your time (and don’t reference that I wrote about not wasting your time when you waste my time by ignoring this request).
Vacancy page : https://sanbornagency.com/career/digital-project-manager/