DevOps Systems Engineer - Colombia 100% Remote Colombia - Remote
Sonatype’s mission is to enable organizations to better manage their software supply chain. We offer a series of products and services including the Nexus Repository Manager and Nexus Lifecycle.
We are a remote and talented product development group and we work in small autonomous teams to create high quality products. Thousands of organizations and millions of developers use our software. If you have a passion for challenging problems, software craftsmanship, and having an impact, then Sonatype is the right place for you.
The Software Performance Engineer will champion performance engineering in the Nexus Repository Manager product team. This is a lead role for the discipline for the product, working collaboratively with multiple development teams within the product area. This role will be instrumental in influencing our engineering practices to account for performance across the life cycle and enabling continued increases in the performance of the product.
The ideal candidate is one who has the ability and experience to act as a technical product owner, to understand customer needs, define and model performance requirements. The candidate also possesses strong software development skills to lead or contribute to the development of performance testing infrastructure, tests, reporting capabilities, and provides input into solutions to drive performance improvements.
- Ability and experience in modeling application performance requirements (capacity, scalability, resiliency), including distributed deployment scenarios.
- Ability and experience in designing and developing performance and automation solutions in a continuous integration environment.
- Experience testing and tuning applications, creating repeatable experiments; analyzing results and identifying performance bottlenecks.
- Define metrics to measure product and build performance and help teams to improve on the metrics.
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance resources and make suggestions and/ or fix issues
- Strong development experience with the Java stack and web-based database-driven applications.
- Strong understanding of application architectures.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of engaging technical and business stakeholders.
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication and collaboration tools (e.g. Slack, video conferencing, wikis, GitHub, etc).
- Have a strong bias for making things happen and love the team aspect of product development.
- Legally authorized to work (without sponsorship) in Colombia and are currently residing in the corresponding country.
- Knowledge and experience of continuous delivery, including automated performance testing, containerization, automation of infrastructure provisioning and deployment, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience developing applications deployed in Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud.
- Experience driving performance engineering in an Agile development environment.
- Experience working in a remote environment.
- Experience working with Scala.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- Our Engineering Teams work 100% remote from home based offices
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
We are 300 employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We’re backed by world class investors including TPG, Goldman Sachs, Accel Partners, and HWVP. Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know