DevOps Engineer, Services United States
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software engineer, you'll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
- Here are some of the ways we bring value to doctors
- Our data engineering stack run on Python, MySQL, and Airflow
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production on average 50 times per day
- We have over 350 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we're currently about 65% distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity engineering blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
Typical Daily Tasks
- Active involvement in design, implementation, and maintenance of the development, staging, and production infrastructure and services.
- Manage infrastructure using Terraform. We believe in infrastructure as code and follow it.
- Work on automating tasks using Jenkins.
- Write Chef cookbooks (using "Berkshelf Way") to automate configuration management.
- Become the owner of our core infrastructure tools (Terraform, Jenkins, Chef). Develop best practice and guide our entire engineering team to follow them.
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack (such as high-load, memory full, network issues) and come up with temporary/long term solutions based on the root cause.
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for the infrastructure.
- Participate in a 1-week on 8-week off, 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Collaborate with web developers to make sound infrastructure decisions, improve workflow, and deploy applications ready for production. Hands on maintenance on our Ruby on Rails and Go (Golang) applications.
- Document current and future procedures, configuration and policies in the wiki.
- Monitor and plan for capacity upgrades.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of solid Linux/UNIX systems engineer/administrator experience.
- Extensive experience with Terraform, Jenkins, and Chef.
- Experience with AWS basics (EC2, ELB, ALB, ASG, LC, Security Groups).
- Proficient in bash shell scripting (sed + awk) and one of Ruby or Python.
- Experience in running apps built in Ruby on Rails.
- Experience in deploying, configuring, and maintaining NGINX.
- Experience automating application deployments with Capistrano or Jenkins.
- Ability to work proactively and manage your own queue.
- Experience with Hashicorp tools, Neo4j, Elasticsearch, or Security/Pen Testing a plus.
- Doximity has industry leading benefits. For an updated list, see our career page
More info on Doximity
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing steadily, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Vacancy page : https://workat.doximity.com/positions/?gh_jid=857937