DevOps Engineer - 100% Remote - CANADA Western - Canada - Remote /
We are 350+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
At Sonatype we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Our mission is simple – help the world build better software, even faster. This is done by providing unprecedented visibility combined with the guidance needed to make the best selections from the open source ecosystem as early as possible, and enabling teams to choose wisely from the beginning.
We are looking for a Site-Reliability and DevOps Engineer to join the Sonatype Operations team. The team has a wide range of responsibilities to build, scale, and maintain the company’s technical infrastructure, including Maven Central, CI, and hosted data services. Some of the technologies we use include Terraform, Ansible, many AWS services, and Datadog.
- MINIMUM 4 years of professional, hands-on experience in DevOps/Site Reliability Engineering.
- Ensure the proper functioning of Sonatype SLAs and critical systems by implementing metric based monitoring, executing troubleshooting tasks, maintaining a functional and detailed RunBook, and participating in an on-call rotation
- Work closely with Sonatype development teams to define product specific metrics and remediations through system analysis, testing, and fault troubleshooting.
- Develop infrastructure automation that codifies best-practices into repeatable, reliable, and modular architectural components.
- Design scalable and highly available architectures for new systems in collaboration with Development and Operations teams
- 4+ years experience running and tuning high availability systems and supporting infrastructure
- Experience using scripting languages (eg: BASH, Python) to build automation.
- Experience developing software in any language.
- Strong analytical and problem solving mindset combined with experience troubleshooting large scale systems under pressure.
- Deep knowledge and experience with AWS, Linux systems, database technologies, and web technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A deep curiosity and interest in exploring new and familiar systems.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- English as a second language.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Paid Parental Leave (PTO)
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.8
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.