Developer Relations Wrangler Worldwide
Developer Relations Wrangler
The WordPress project is supported by a vibrant community of volunteers who are passionate about open source technology. We are looking for someone to join our Automattic team dedicated to aiding the efforts of the WordPress open source system (OSS), specifically around developer relations. Your focus will be communicating with community developers about WordPress, Gutenberg, and the surrounding ecosystem with an eye toward building positive and sustainable relationships with community developers.
- You are passionate about contributing to the WordPress OSS.
- You are an experienced developer.
- You are familiar with WordPress and its nuances.
- You enjoy the coordination required for software development and releases.
- You can see opportunities for cross-functional collaboration, such as in communication and PR.
- You’re motivated to help your teammates become more productive.
- Open source contributions.
- You’re involved in open source or other communities.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click “Apply Now” and please be sure to attach a résumé as a PDF and a cover letter to your application. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Be sure to include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the cover letter.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
You will be asked to answer the following questions in your application. Applications without these questions answered will not be considered:
- Tell us about a product community you’ve worked with. What made it interesting?
- How do you use our products or their competitors? How would you improve one of them?
- What questions do you have for us?