Developer Evangelist United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Developer Evangelist
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to help us inspire and equip a global network of millions of developers who will build the future of communications. Reporting to the Head of North America Developer Evangelism, this position is critical in defining developer support in the United States, while sustaining a relationship that fuels every developer's journey to know, use and love Twilio.
In this role, you’ll:
- Help us inspire and equip developers to fuel the future of communications.
- Be an active and authentic participant in the web developer community wherever they gather online and offline. For many of those developers, you will be "the face" of Twilio -- the person they ping when they need help. They will feel like VIPs because they know you. And when someone who works at Twilio needs to talk to developers in the developer community, they'll come to you.
- Attend, speak at and sponsor in-person events
- Create content that breaks down the complex into the understandable while telling stories with code, equipping developers with knowledge of tools and techniques, including but not limited to Twilio, that makes them better at their craft
- Create experiences which inspire developers to build amazing things knowing you can rely on the rich 10-year history of this team to help you develop any of these skills that you want to master.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Web development experience and understanding of the basics of the HTTP request and response cycle.
- Experience writing Python, PHP, Node, C# (.NET) or Java code to have opinions on the different web frameworks of a specific programming language, or even across multiple programming languages
- A love of teaching others and the ability to understand that teaching sometimes requires much patience, but are driven by the immense satisfaction of seeing the light bulb go off in your students' heads
- Curiosity and excitement about the technology and know that there are usually smarter folks in the room and you're eager to learn from them
- Have preferred familiarity with the US developer and industry landscape, including enterprise and startup communities
This role will be based in the United States.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $145,520 - $181,900
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4231097