Developer Evangelist - IOT Worldwide
As a IoT developer evangelist for Twilio your job is to partner closely with the Twilio Wireless team to inspire and equip developers to change the way the world builds the Internet of Things. Your primary vehicle for doing this is service to local, national, and international developer communities. As a Twilio developer evangelist, you may be found serving in any number of different capacities:
- Creating technical content for publication on our blog and other channels to show developers how to implement specific IoT solutions or use new IoT technologies.
- Organizing and volunteering at local, national, and international developer and maker events.
- Speaking and sharing your expertise at user groups and conferences.
- Educating and empowering developers, giving technical workshops and brown bags.
- Writing production-quality code and contributing to both Twilio and non-Twilio open source tools, applications, examples, sales demos and other projects.
- Building partnerships with individuals, companies and organizations that serve the same communities we do.
- Connecting and networking with other developers and entrepreneurs to identify how Twilio might help them be even more awesome.
- Gathering and socializing product feedback that will inform engineering, sales, and marketing decision making.
- Supporting our developers wherever they are, on forums, social media, and everywhere in between.
The Internet of Things encompasses a range of engineering disciplines. A Twilio IoT developer evangelist should be able to draw on their knowledge and experience of building for the Internet of Things and their general engineering prowess to effectively debug someone else’s production application and make recommendations on best practices for creating secure software and hardware.
Effective communications skills are also essential to serve in this role. Some specific qualities we think are essential are:
- Knowledge of the hardware ecosystem - You know your microcontrollers from your embedded linux devices and are comfortable talking with developers and Makers about their choices in today's IoT hardware platforms as well as evangelizing a personal vision of the future of the ecosystem.
- Solid and diverse IoT engineering skills - You've spent time assembling hardware and slinging low level code in C/C++ as well as building the web and/or mobile applications that let your users experience your IoT creations. You’re comfortable assisting with debugging everything from logic bugs to hardware errors.
- Friendly and approachable people do well as the teachers and mentors we're looking for.
- Willingness to travel to anywhere our developer communities live a few times every quarter, and stay productive and professional on the road.
- Ability to work irregular hours and some weekends to support hackathons, conferences, user groups, and other developer events.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction..
- Hustling skills - a lot of great connections and opportunities are discovered simply by getting out and talking to people. This is something you should be able to do well.
Other skills that are great to bring with you but we can also help you develop include:
- Leadership and service in developer communities.
- Technical writing skills as demonstrated via blog posts and other written work.
- Willingness to take the stage is essential for inspiring developers. A developer evangelist needs to deliver presentations that are effective and respectful of an audience's time and attention.
- Please include a cover letter along with your resume, describing why you believe you'd be a great fit for the team.
- Links to other websites and resources where we might learn more about you (GitHub, Hackaday.io Profile, Personal Blog, YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, Deviant Art portfolio, etc.) are greatly appreciated.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/998041