Developer Educator- TwilioQuest Worldwide
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Here are a few of the characteristics of folks we’d love to meet to talk about TwilioQuest. Note that it’s not an exhaustive list, and you don’t have to check all the boxes. We would love to hear from developers from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- You are a resourceful, scrappy software engineer that is comfortable wearing multiple hats and learning new technologies.
- You love teaching and mentoring as much as you love writing code yourself.
- You enjoy writing creatively, and can explain technical concepts clearly.
- You like to read, compose music, draw, take in (or act in) a play, do stand-up comedy, learn new skills - you generally like to cross-train your brain.
- Not only do you like playing games, you believe in their impact and potential as a medium for storytelling and education.
- You have a strong point of view, but hold those views lightly.
- You value and demonstrate empathy, humility, and honesty in your interactions with others.
As a Developer Educator on the TwilioQuest team, you will be asked to do any or all of the following tasks, depending on your strengths and background.
- Complete software engineering tasks on TwilioQuest-related web applications. This may require using Node.js, Vue.js, Python/Django, and the Wagtail CMS for Django.
- Design and implement new missions for TwilioQuest using the Tiled Map Editor
- Write (and validate completion of) code challenges to be undertaken by players
- Write prose for tutorials and non-player character conversations
- Create game content authoring tools as required by the team
- Implement and balance RPG game systems
- Aggregate and analyze player data to report key metrics and identify where players may be getting stuck
- Teach and motivate TwilioQuest players at live training events by presenting on technical topics or helping players conquer code challenges
We believe that software engineering skills are life-changing, and that the future will be built by developers. Our goal is to make the community of developers who build that future larger and more diverse by teaching one million developers to code through TwilioQuest.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
While working remote, you will still enjoy our incredible perks: free Kindle when you build your Twilio app, monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/1544814