Designer (Remote) New York, NY /
Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency founded in 2006. We are a remote-first team with members across the world and offices in New York City and Los Angeles.
We partner with the world’s most loved brands to scale and optimize their direct-to-consumer (DTC) businesses through brand, UX/design, technology/development, CRM/email, and marketing strategy.
Barrel specializes in the Fashion & Apparel, CPG Food & Beverage, Beauty & Skincare and Home Goods verticals. We work with clients including L’Oreal Paris, Gap, Barry’s, ScottsMiracle-Gro & Hu.
Barrel is seeking a Designer to join our remote-first team - you can work anywhere in the US. Designers at Barrel work on a diverse range of projects from startups to established brands. Barrel’s tight-knit culture encourages close collaboration between all disciplines while paving the way for designers to push the boundaries, contribute ideas, and learn something new.
We’re seeking multifaceted designers to collaborate with our team on eCommerce websites, web/mobile apps, brand identity systems, and any other interactive, marketing, and communication challenges that design can solve.
For Barrel, design is the process of thinking, planning, and imagining products that effectively solve problems for our clients. In addition to creating compelling visuals, our design team plays a key part in crafting intuitive user experiences through wire-framing, mapping user flows and navigation, and developing micro-interactions. Our design team is always evolving and eager to explore innovative solutions that’ll help our clients grow their business.
- Ideate and execute on compelling design concepts
- Create conceptual and practical designs that map back to the client’s business goals, audience, and vertical
- Maintain high standards in the work created and ensure only the best work is shared with the client
- Advise clients on industry best practices when appropriate
- Accurately estimate time to complete work
- Continually experiment with new tools and technologies
- Ability to research and provide strategic, goal-driven solutions for clients
- Collaborate with other designers, both in-house, and freelance
- Provide useful contributions to team meetings and conversations, actively participating in client meetings and workshops
- Provide thoughtful and constructive feedback to all team members during presentations
- Strong visual design aesthetic and conceptual thinking. Strong handle of layout, navigation, typography, colors, and image composition as applied to web and mobile experiences.
- Maintain a meticulous attention to detail in all deliverables
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with the team. As a designer, you will not only be expected to bring your own creative ideas to the table but also flawlessly execute on the shared project vision.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when talking about design and collaborating with other team members.
- Ability to articulate digital design and web terms and can speak confidently to clients about web platforms, how designs will function and how designs will be implemented.
- Excellent and efficient organizational and time management skills; able to self-manage and prioritize tasks to ensure work is delivered on time and of the highest quality.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Advertising, Graphic Design or similar discipline
- 3+ years digital design experience; prior experience in a digital design agency is a plus
- Solid working knowledge of the Adobe Suite and Figma; experience with Webflow is a plus
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred, but not required (our designers are not expected to code websites)
- Solid knowledge of industry tools and understanding of designing intuitive and responsive user experiences
As a full-time member of the Barrel team, we offer the following benefits:
- Remote Work
- Competitive Salary
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Half-day Fridays all year round
- Remote home setup stipend
- 401k match
- Professional development stipend
Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
Barrel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, culture, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, appearance, opinions, beliefs and more.