Design Program Manager (Design Systems) United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
The Twilio Design Systems team is hiring a Design Program Manager to support the development and growth of its UX platform, Paste which helps designers and engineers express and build sophisticated user experiences.
You’ll think process-first, and prioritize great communication and documentation. You’ll be part of growing a UX organization to power the next generation of the Twilio customer engagement platform, used by internal Twilions and Twilio customers.
Twilio’s Design Systems team is looking for a Design Program Manager who lives the Twilio Magic and:
- Envisions, defines, and executes on goals that set the Design Systems team and the UX organization up for continuous operational excellence.
- Is a vocal advocate for design, and has a strong interest in growing a design operations practice at Twilio.
- Collaborates with Product Design, UX Engineering, and UX Research to regularly identify workflow optimizations, process gaps, and other executional blockers so that each team member can do their best, most focused work possible. We work primarily in Figma, GitHub, Jira, G-Suite, and Airtable.
- Fosters close relationships within the Design Systems team by facilitating work check-ins, design critiques, and working agreements.
- Increases transparency and trust across the organization by managing multiple dependencies and collaboration channels, including platform roadmap reviews, design committees, office hours, newsletters, and feedback sessions.
- Possesses a high-level of attention-to-detail, communication, and writing skills, and is excited to tackle problems of large organizational change.
- Creates clear, concise documentation to visibly align expectations, goals, and guidelines among cross-functional teams.
- Proactively identifies obstacles and opportunities, facilitates change, removes blockers, drives clear decision-making, and makes iterative, evidence-based improvements to team processes.
As a Design Program Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Make and facilitate decisions based on evidence and a high level of reasoning to deliver the highest impact. You’ll manage multiple design meetings and workstreams that move us toward UX and company goals.
- Empower Others and Be Inclusive: Empathize with stakeholder and team needs, and equip them with the context and training required to succeed. Our culture is highly collaborative, and you’ll work closely with multiple cross-functional teams to uplevel our design programs. Advocate for the needs of each Twilion (not the average Twilion) and commit to systems and processes that are accessible and approachable by all.
- Be Bold and Draw the Owl: Thrive in ambiguity. Set the vision for a design operations practice at Twilio and define collaboration, communication, and relationship-building processes for the UX organization.
- Be an Owner and Write It Down: Follow through on commitments, speak up when you see a problem, and offer to help when a team goal is at risk. You’ll collaborate and document to set clear work expectations, define goals, and to guide our teams toward best practices, especially when working with people across multiple time zones and job functions.
- No Shenanigans: Be curious, not judgmental. You will truly feel at home in this team if you approach your work with humility and curiosity, collaborate with peers across teams, and are able to state your point of view with clarity.
The Design Systems team is a platform that serves internal and external customers by delivering tools and processes that enable great customer experiences. The team powers critical parts of Twilio’s current products and is responsible for designing the next generation of its user experiences.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is a remote role and can be performed from most locations across North America. If you prefer a physical office it can also be located in our beautiful office at 1801 California St. in Denver, CO. We’re very flexible and have a strong remote working culture.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $120,832 - $166,144
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $105,728 - $145,376
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3442208