Design Front-End Engineer - Remote Canada - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision made by modern engineering organizations.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Who you are and what you’ll do
- You are an experienced Front End Engineer with an eye for design.
- You enjoy creating thoughtful user experiences and solving interesting problems.
- You have the interest and ability to learn new languages, as needed, for project work.
- You will be a member of the Customer Experience Engineering team, designing and developing customer-facing properties and internal tools.
What skills you need
- You are proficient in Web Standards (HTML5, CSS3 [transitions, animations, behaviors])
- You have essential experience with design tools, such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Zeplin, Adobe, etc.
- Strong collaboration skills to work with cross-functional delivery teams on project
Nice to Have
- Detailed knowledge of cross-browser UI issues
- A portfolio of your work that you can share with us
- Reside in EST or CST timezones
Things that we are proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- See why we've won these awards and enjoy a 4.6 Glassdoor rating
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.