Design Director – Europe Worldwide
- Relationships: Build long-term, engaging, and highly productive working relationships across disciplines at 10up and with our clients.
- Delivery: Consistently and proactively participate in shaping work to meet client and 10up expectations, including functioning (as needed) as a direct project contributor and lead. Able to compellingly explain the connection between Visual Design and UX work to business goals. Provide expert-level guidance on project deliverables and workflow to the project team, and, as necessary, support project teams directly as a contributor.
- Design: Expert in all stages of the UI and User Experience Design processes: from initial understanding, to problem articulation, through design and design communication.
- Management: Oversight and management of our Europe-based design team. This requires an experienced and empathetic manager, able to review performance, collect and deliver feedback effectively, and work with other managers effectively.
- Discipline Advancement: Always identifying ways to elevate and expand our Experience Design team’s capabilities and serve clients well. Proactively suggest new programs and initiatives to meet and exceed client expectations and expand 10up’s service offerings. Injecting inspiration into the team’s practice, and enhancing knowledge sharing - within and outside of 10up.
- Sales Collaboration: Seasoned at preparing and delivering effective design pitches in partnership with the accounts and new business teams. Excellent communicator with effective persuasion skills.
- Thought Leadership: Able to represent 10up’s Design team externally (e.g. conferences or publications).
- Mentorship: Proactively coach and mentor other 10uppers.
- Strategy: Collaborate with other design leaders on process or growth initiatives.
- Education: Teach UI and UX skills and WordPress-specific best practices to Designers and other 10up team members.
- 5-8 years of agency design leadership experience
- Deep familiarity with modern website and app design principles across multiple devices - with a particular focus on layout, typography, colour, media and accessibility
- Experience working with global team members and managing others remotely
- Equally comfortable with conceptual design and tactical design production in a fast paced agency environment with effective time management. Ability to balance business, audience and technical needs to drive positive design outcomes.
- Clear and concise client communication skills, with ability to confidently present design work with supporting rationale and compelling storytelling. Confident workshop facilitation skills and co-creation mindset to define problems, ideate and define solutions.
- Fluency with modern design, prototyping and remote collaboration tools
(e.g. Figma and Miro) and expertise in interactive prototyping
- Systematic design thinking and expertise in creating modular component libraries and design systems
- Experience with large scale content publishing or relevant adjacent expertise around designing for digital-first, editorial content
- Experience navigating corporate structures and approvals (e.g. addressing feedback from complex stakeholder groups, capturing and working with detailed design requirements, etc.)
- A detailed understanding of WordPress and its block editor
Nice to have
- Understanding of content strategy, publishing workflows and content management platforms
- Experience working with enterprise-scale clients
- Demonstrated experience with external thought leadership
- Formal education in User Experience, Interaction Design, or similar field
Vacancy page : https://10up.com/careers/design-director/