Deal Manager United States
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Deal Manager to join our Deal Strategy & Operations team to support our growing sales organization in North America covering the Independent Software Vendor (ISV) and Financial Services sectors.
This is an exciting role for the individual to gain and expand their broad spectrum of cross functional interactions and leading non-standard end-to-end commercial agreements or Order Forms (OF). This role will work to appropriately structure the deal to be a ‘Win-Win’ for both the customers and Twilio!
Twilio is looking for an experienced professional who lives the Twilio Magic and has a strong background in sales, sales operations, and / or deal desk. You are passionate, dedicated and can understand complex problems while providing explanations and solutions which are sound and clearly communicated. You will also have:
- 6+ in Deal Strategy, Sales Operations, Sales, Finance, or Business Operations with focus on deal construction, procurement strategy and negotiations
- Collaborate with and establish solid trusted working relationships with team members, Commercial Legal, Billing Operations, Order Management, Finance, and Sales with ability to influence policy, process and tooling automation requirements
- Demonstrated ability as a trusted advisor, managing a large number of inbound Twilio and SendGrid nonstandard contracts recommending customer language to support sales during the negotiation phase in compliance with corporate policies
- Deep understanding of pricing, commercial terms and ability to negotiate. Work to arrive at an offer with reasonably acceptable terms to both Twilio and our customer
- Implement the corporate approval framework and associated policies. Handle critical issues from junior team members for policy exceptions and/or bespoke terms. Ensure forward deal momentum as well as troubleshoot, raise, and resolve issues with deal velocity especially during month and quarter end
- Begin building customer-facing experience partnering with Legal and Sales teams in addressing customer questions and concerns, and directly negotiating contractual terms and structure
- Comprehensive experience in Salesforce and Apttus CPQ / CLM. MS-Office and / or G-Suite experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
As a Deal Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Educate and train members of the Sales on contracting processes and policies to ensure smooth and timely turnaround of contract requests
- WRITE IT DOWN: Draft and review a variety of sales order forms and contracts
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: As an individual contributor, you will tackle complex OFs from start to the finishing line, ready for customer’s signature
- NO SHENANIGANS: Find and eliminate the gaps to ensure business compliant order form creation.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Triage inbound inquiries to improve the sales organizations experience.
- DRAW THE OWL: Contribute to new and update existing contract processes and training materials for the Sales and GTM Operations Teams
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, and constantly evolving business. This role is crucial to the Sales Operations organization for the success of supporting our growing North America Commercial sales team! It is a highly visible role that supports our sales leaders with good and sound business decisions in our proposals.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to taking on hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be remotely based in the East or Central timezone. We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3077971