Deal Desk Manager, EMEA Amsterdam - Netherlands
GitHub is looking for a Deal Desk Manager to join our Deal Desk team. This role is a critical and highly visible role to support GitHub’s rapid business growth. You will be responsible for providing support to GitHub’s worldwide sales, finance and legal teams. You will be preparing & reviewing agreements and working on pricing proposals to support our growing sales team while ensuring business and legal terms are aligned with company policy. You will also partner with cross functional teams to analyze both external & internal data to influence pricing and field discount practices with a goal to improve bookings and gross margin.
We are looking for a customer-centric attitude and appreciation for working collaboratively in a fast paced environment. This position is based in Amsterdam.
- Manage the day-to-day quote and pricing approvals process, driving compliance with approval matrices
- Review incoming pricing requests and provide guidelines to maximize profitability
- Effectively resolve and champion conflicts arising between customer needs and internal operational processes.
- Provide deal structure guidance to field sales and accelerate deal closure through the development of in-depth knowledge of GitHub’s licensing model, deal structures and pricing to support to our worldwide sales teams.
- Represent sales operations, accounting, finance and legal interests in the structuring of non-standard deals. Drive approvals of non-standard business terms including legal compliance and software revenue recognition
- Work cross-functionally with product, sales operations, sales, finance and legal to recommend changes to deal structures in response to observed behavior in the field.
- Become a subject matter expert on all aspects of the deal operations process, including mastery of GitHub and Salesforce.com tools
- 5+ years of experience in deal desk, deal structuring or sales operations roles
- Strong business acumen, prior sales experience and or pricing experience a plus
- Experience with working with Looker or other business analytics tools a plus
- Understanding of software revenue recognition issues, including revenue recognition under 606 a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to enable informed decision making
- Must be a self-starter with strong organization skills
- Detail oriented team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Amsterdam based preferred, but open to other locations within EMEA
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 31 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1546593