Data Services Engineer Technology and R&D Remote, United States
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
The Data Services Engineer is a technical professional who acts as the main interface between the data management support and the technical services engineering teams to ensure that Medidata is able to produce scalable, high quality results based on industry best practices and standards based on the CDISC / SDTM principles.
The individuals is responsible for handling assigned custom requirements directly or contacting the Core Data Services team for help.
Data Services Engineer serves as an experienced resource for the data services team to perform high quality data deliveries and guidance on CDISC standards.
Data Services Engineer will also be responsible for developing and maintaining scalable standards in close collaboration with the experts from other departments such as Technical and Implementation Services in order to achieve high quality results and enable greater efficiency.
- Serves as data services experienced resource , supporting custom programming related activities such data extracts, reports and scripts.
- Define data services processing requirements for custom deliverables, working closely with Technical and Implementation Services to support the study design and outputs.
- Provides support by using deep clinical data knowledge to transform raw data into SDTM
- Be responsible and accountable for assigned custom requirements and specifications and activities to achieve the client’s goals and commitments
- Provides knowledge in existing database environments and supports the development of standards and guidelines to drive efficiency
- Performs data extract support and consults with database administration and client areas in resolving questions during the translation to a physical database design.
- Build cross-functional relationships with Technical Services, Implantation Consultants and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver on those needs to drive data quality
- Provides knowledge and support to deliver stable and flexible high-performance data metrics to our clients.
- Support Data Services quality surveillance analysis, processes and tools
- Assists team members on SDTM development related activities and deliveries
- Contributes to the achievement of data services team objectives.
- Provide general process analysis and make recommendations for improvements
- Represent the interests of data services and act as a subject matter expert for the client
- Lead or Co-Lead standards and process related initiatives in the area of Data Services.
Working-level degree in Life Sciences, Mathematics or Computer Sciences or comparable professional experience
- Project delivery experience
- Strong computer technology skills
- Understanding of Data Management processes and tools/systems
- CDISC expertise (SDTM and Controlled Terminology)
- Programming skills (SAS & SQL)
- Comprehensive knowledge of ICH-GCP
- Experience with the Medidata Rave EDC is preferred, but not required
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Science or Computer Science
- MBA or business administration certificate/degree desirable
- 5+years of relevant experience
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Vacancy page : https://jobs.jobvite.com/medidata-solutions/job/o2cAgfwO