Data Scientist Chicago, IL
Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last eight years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 175 team members, and we’ve created an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work.
Reporting to the Head of Analytics, you will use rich analytics to generate insights that inform product, marketing and business decisions across the company. You will sit on a cross-disciplinary team who guide the direction and approach to improving the experiences of current and prospective Hireology clients.
As our Data Scientist, you’ll be responsible for:
- Working directly with Engineering, Product and other business units to understand and satisfy stakeholders’ needs, while communicating and coordinating closely with business partners and leadership
- Executing quantitative analyses that translate data into actionable insights that lead to innovation
- Oversee data science projects independently, including monitoring progress and proactively identifying challenges
- Work with clients and internal stakeholders to develop advanced analyses that help them solve challenging business problems
- Learn a new programming language or data science technique - we continually build our skills and explore new things.
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
- Metrics-Driven: There are a myriad of signals you’ll learn to understand and manage, ensuring our customers are happy, engaged and informed. We’re passionate about data and trends and managing to key performance indicators and you will be as passionate about our bottoms-up approach to providing insights to our clients.
- Work Independently and with a Team: Some people work best individually and some as part of a team. The ideal candidate is a chameleon who can succeed both on their own and work within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Possess Integrity: Not negotiable in this or any role at Hireology. You have the highest level of integrity and discretion.
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Data Scientist candidate. Also, we want a chance to get to know who you are and why you applied, so please include a cover letter.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in a quantitative field or 2+ years professional experience working in an analytics-focused role
- Made a high-quality data science project available in a public forum like GitHub, Kaggle or an analytics blog
- Proficiency in SQL and databases (most notably PostgreSQL) is required
- Previous exposure to ETL, data model design, and data warehouse concepts is a plus
- Expertise in creating publication quality visualizations and white papers.
Ability to write sophisticated machine learning and data analysis code in R, Matlab, or Python. This includes but is not limited to:
- Regression models
- GLM, SVM and tree-based models (e.g. Boosting, Random Forest)
- NLP (Natural Language Processing)
- Neural Networks
So what can you expect after you apply? You will:
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with our Business Operations team to talk about how you approach work technically with examples of how you have done it in the past.
- You'll have the opportunity to show off your modeling skills and how you solve business cases. This will also be an opportunity for us to get an idea of how you got to where you are, and if where you want to go lines up with where we are going.
- Provide us some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with a member of our senior leadership team. If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine.
Vacancy page : https://www.hireology.com/careers/?hireology_job_id=256880