Data Scientist Chicago, IL
Reporting to the Director of Revenue of Operations, you will use rich analytics to generate insights that inform sales, customer success, product, marketing, and business decisions across the company. You will sit on a cross-disciplinary team that guides the direction and approach to improving the experiences of current and prospective Hireology clients.
As a Data Scientist, you’ll be responsible for:
- Transferring data into a new format to make it more appropriate for analysis
- Creating new, experimental frameworks to collect data
- Building tools to automate data collection
- Creating reports and presentations for business uses
- Correlating similar data to find actionable results
- Utilizing Looker or other similar tools to fulfill transactional reporting, and ad hoc analyses
- Works cross-functionally to define problem statements, collect data, build models, translate data to solve complex business problems and make recommendations
- Working directly with Revenue, Marketing, Engineering, Product and other business units to understand and satisfy stakeholders’ needs, while communicating and coordinating closely with business partners and leadership
- Project Managing and Executing quantitative analyses that translate data into actionable insights that lead to innovation
- Work with clients and internal stakeholders to develop advanced analyses that help them solve challenging business problems
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
- Metrics Driven: There are a myriad of signals you’ll learn to understand and manage, ensuring our customers are happy, engaged and informed. We’re passionate about data and trends and managing to key performance indicators and you will be as passionate about our bottoms-up approach to providing insights to our clients.
- Possess Integrity: Not negotiable in this or any role at Hireology. You have the highest level of integrity and discretion.
- Work Independently and with a Team: Some people work best individually and some as part of a team. The ideal candidate is a chameleon who can succeed both on their own and work within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Technical Program Manager candidate. Also, we want a chance to get to know who you are and why you applied, so please include a cover letter.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US. We are unable to provide work sponsorship now or in the future.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in a quantitative field or 2+ years professional experience working in an analytics-focused role
- Ability to write sophisticated machine learning and data analysis code in R, Matlab, or Python. This includes but is not limited to:
- Regression models
- GLM, SVM and tree-based models (e.g. Boosting, Random Forest)
- NLP (Natural Language Processing)
- Neural Networks
- Made a high-quality data science project available in a public forum like GitHub, Kaggle, or an analytics blog
- Proficiency in SQL and databases (most notably PostgreSQL) is required
- Previous exposure to ETL, data model design, and data warehouse concepts is a plus
- Expertise in creating publication-quality visualizations and white papers.
- Knowledge of programming languages like SQL, Python, R, and Scala
- Previous exposure to ETL, data model design, and data warehouse concepts
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker)
- Strong mathematics skills (e.g., statistics, algebra)
- Advanced ability to perform exploratory data analysis
- Experience with common data science toolkit
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way
- Ability to visualize data in the most effective way possible for a given project or study
- Ability to work independently and with team members from different backgrounds
So what can you expect after you apply? You will:
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with our Revenue Operations team to talk about how you approach work technically with examples of how you have done it in the past.
- You'll have the opportunity to show off your modeling skills and how you solve business cases. This will also be an opportunity for us to get an idea of how you got to where you are, and if where you want to go lines up with where we are going.
- Provide us some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with a member of our senior leadership team. If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine.
Hireology is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or protected veteran status, or any other category protected under the law. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We support an inclusive workplace where Hireologists excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Vacancy page : https://careers.hireology.com/hireology2/510317/description